PDA

View Full Version : explorer sport trac

Legend
11-27-2008, 04:47 PM
hey just wondering if anyone knows weather the sport trac is uni body or full frame :confused0006: thanks

Tinker
11-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I too have been wondering, that and is the 2 door explorer frame or Uni-body.

Legend
11-27-2008, 05:00 PM
yea i havent been able to climb under one yet and ive never seen a done out sport trac, if they have a frame well a d44 and some 35's would be just right i think

nbrowser
11-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Exploders whether they are normal or Sport Tracs, full frames are under em, yer welcome :)

D-Ass
11-27-2008, 11:28 PM
[stupid] and don't even think of doing any thing with that p.o.s. too heavy and a really week motor for the wait of that truck

Explorer guy418
11-27-2008, 11:59 PM
[stupid] and don't even think of doing any thing with that p.o.s. too heavy and a really week motor for the wait of that truck

4L arn't weak.....

spitty
11-28-2008, 01:41 AM
the newer ones have a decent amount of power, only thing i didnt like about the sporttracs is that you cant take them out of 4wd, its not always in but it has the stupid traction assist, also they do have frames, all the explorers did as far as i know, as for the sport trac, its kinda hard not to have a frame when you have a box on the back:dontknow:

spitty
11-28-2008, 01:42 AM
4L arn't weak.....
the first ones they put in the explorers were (90-94 i think) well, they wernt week, but they were underpowered for the weight and aerodynamics) of the first gens

Legend
11-28-2008, 07:03 PM
the newer ones have a decent amount of power, only thing i didnt like about the sporttracs is that you cant take them out of 4wd, its not always in but it has the stupid traction assist, also they do have frames, all the explorers did as far as i know, as for the sport trac, its kinda hard not to have a frame when you have a box on the back:dontknow:

hmmm good point, how could it have a separte box with no frame:dontknow: and do all sport tracs have the electric 4x4 assist? will an older t case mount up to the newer tranny?? or what about getting a 2 wheel drive model and running a divorced set up. All thought i do have a 5 liter with a np435 and doubler set up with a hydraulic clutch. But it seems a little expensive to buy one to tear the whole drive train out:confused0006:

kozak
11-29-2008, 01:48 PM
the newer ones have a decent amount of power, only thing i didnt like about the sporttracs is that you cant take them out of 4wd, its not always in but it has the stupid traction assist,also they do have frames, all the explorers did as far as i know, as for the sport trac, its kinda hard not to have a frame when you have a box on the back:dontknow:
There are ways around that.