PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Gas Pedal Needed

sobe
11-26-2008, 03:37 PM
So my gas pedal on my samurai keeps bending. Every time I step on the gas it bends a little more and it's getting weak from pulling it back into possition. Anyone have one kicking around they want to get rid of? I know it won't be long before this one breaks and then I'll be screwed:confused:

spitty
11-26-2008, 03:39 PM
just sandwich it inbetween two sticks and wrap it in ducktape, bailing wire, and zapstraps and itll be good as new

sobe
11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
I thought of that but it's not bending in a place I can sandwich or wrap.

Tunabomber
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
any good sewing machine shop should have one :happy0045:

Draxxus
11-26-2008, 07:14 PM
i can get u one if u reply tonight ill pull it off other wise its goin to the wrecker

sobe
11-26-2008, 08:18 PM
i can get u one if u reply tonight ill pull it off other wise its goin to the wrecker

I'd really appreciate that. How much $$ you want or what beer do you drink? Where are you located? I'm in Chilliwack and can be reached at:
604-340-5478 cell-local for Vancouver area
604-792-8022 home

just heading out to walk the dogs but I'll have my cell or I'll be back in about an hour.[cheers]
Thanks mang

sobe
11-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Well fu*k me. It's not alluminum after all. I pulled it off to see if I could jerry rig it to be a bit stiffer and it was heavier than I thought. So, I stuck a magnet on it and low and behold it stayed there. Sure as hell looks like aluminum. Must be that high quality Japanese steel. So I welded it up a bit more and it seems O.K. I'd still like to have a spare though as this one's still a bit flexy. :dontknow:
Seems like the only thing on my samurai that does flex:happy0045:

blower
11-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Well fu*k me. It's not alluminum after all. I pulled it off to see if I could jerry rig it to be a bit stiffer and it was heavier than I thought. So, I stuck a magnet on it and low and behold it stayed there. Sure as hell looks like aluminum. Must be that high quality Japanese steel. So I welded it up a bit more and it seems O.K. I'd still like to have a spare though as this one's still a bit flexy. :dontknow:
Seems like the only thing on my samurai that does flex:happy0045:

i have one here already to go ,give me what ever,and i you need any other zook parts that i have laying around they'er cheap.i went toy so i don't need ll this stuff anymore. cheers.

sobe
11-28-2008, 12:05 AM
That's awsome. I'll be going past Langley tommorow afternoon (around 3ish)and I'll be out that way on Saturday afternoon. Give me a call on my cell tomorrow and let's figure something out.[cheers]

sobe
12-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks John. The pedal turned out to be only part of the problem but I got'er licked now. Like driving a new car![cheers]

blower
12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks John. The pedal turned out to be only part of the problem but I got'er licked now. Like driving a new car![cheers]

glad everything worked out for ya.