PDA

View Full Version : Swampers vs Boggers

jkgirl
11-17-2008, 02:08 AM
ok guys i need some help on my decision for tires im kinda split on what to get i kinda have my heart set on the swamper boggers but maybee just some super swampers do you guys think that there is a difference on breakability on my jeep between the 2 tires. it is a new jeep and i thrash the crap out of it but im stuck paying it off for the rest of my life so i want to get it payed down some b4 i start needing to upgrade everything else on it i already need a new oil pan and bumpers and tires and she is only 4 months old haha...but dont worrie in time she will grow up..... let me know what you all think..... :confused0006:

Ginger Snaps
11-17-2008, 02:20 AM
thornbirds!!!!

Moondog
11-17-2008, 07:27 AM
TSL LTB's

explorer
11-17-2008, 08:40 AM
[36] super swamper LTB

yoda thrills
11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
has any body seen the pitbull rockers in use or know of someone using them they look pretty decent....

KINGCRUISER
11-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Boggers are good:party0010: :party0010:

knox
11-17-2008, 10:48 AM
LTB's or IROK's....:confused0006:

Ginger Snaps
11-17-2008, 11:17 AM
fuck you guys thornbirds best tires evvvver made

Apathy
11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
what are you using it for? is a daily driver?

If its a daily driver go for the muds.

If its pretty much wheeling only, go for the swampers or LTB's. If you only want to run mud, then go with boggers.

Evan the Blue
11-17-2008, 01:32 PM
[iagree] Pathys got it right ..... if Daily Driver - BFG

epic3
11-17-2008, 03:55 PM
bfg if its daily

Tunabomber
11-17-2008, 06:04 PM
bogger will dissapear so fast if you daily it
swamper will all most double the life
bf's work well and will last a lo9ng time then you can sell em and get something better

boggers will break yer jeep but it sure looks cool

swampers will make it difficault to drink timmys on the road

bf's are all round best choice [cheers]

Always broke
11-17-2008, 06:15 PM
For a small tire i think an interco truxus M/T , haven't heard anything bad about them yet???? but what do i know about tires?????

MikeWild
11-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Tough choice, I run LTB's on my Ranger that will not see much DD'ing, I ran BFG's on my exploder which is more of a DD but recently sold them off to buy some bigger MTR's. The BFG's held up really well and sold them off at a decent price, but I've always liked the streetability and off road capability of the MTR.

Josh_M
11-17-2008, 06:55 PM
fuck you guys thornbirds best tires evvvver made

yea, i had a set of thornbirds on my cherokee. I agree with skinny. Super good on the road, drove straight as an arrow. Stupid simple to balance, and awesome traction off road. There a super good mud tire, and really good on the rocks too.

Justin_B
11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
get some boggers, mabey it will help you beat ur truck more:confused0006:

Tinker
11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Kinda depends if you gonna street it alot ie:daily driver. You ain't gonna want to do it on bias ply tires for very long, which means the boggers are out. Outta the choices of radials I'd go with the swampers or maybe the Truxus if ya wanted to go with an interco tire. Over all I'd say Mmmmmmmmm Boggers.

trencher
11-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Swampers clean better than boggers at slow speed. They also have far better traction on side hills.
Boggers are great if you want to go hard in the mud and do a little trail running. But if you like trails swampers are the better of the two.
Mickey Thompson MTZ, IROCS ,and Pitbull Rockers are also great on trails in all conditions.

Always a tough choice

Moondog
11-17-2008, 11:18 PM
http://intercotire.com/tires.php?id=7&g=1

Cheese eyes
11-17-2008, 11:52 PM
yea, i had a set of thornbirds on my cherokee. I agree with skinny. Super good on the road, drove straight as an arrow. Stupid simple to balance, and awesome traction off road. There a super good mud tire, and really good on the rocks too.

[1b] [16] [16] [16] oh boy. . . . . . .

dirka dave
11-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Bias ply from Canadian tire....circa 1982.

Josh_M
11-18-2008, 12:20 AM
[1b] [16] [16] [16] oh boy. . . . . . .

[cheers] Please please please please tell me you saw the sarcasm in that

England
11-18-2008, 10:00 AM

[16][16][16]

jonny6door
11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
yea, i had a set of thornbirds on my cherokee. I agree with skinny. Super good on the road, drove straight as an arrow.

thats because they were made to be a SHOW tire. They LOOK good with the big side lugs, but the tread is very flat with little space between the lugs which means all street and parking lots baby.. they were never intended to leave the pavement.
________
Chrysler 3.3 engine (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_3.3_engine)

El Camino
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Go with the Boggers. I was worried about getting them, but decided to take the plunge. They Completely rock. I run em off road at 7psi, and they go anywhere. Of course I only put about 6K per year on the rig, so wear isn't a concern for me.

dirka dave
11-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok...

You asked for it...

Goodyear

Mtr's

[cheers] [36] [36] [36]

yoda thrills
11-18-2008, 08:37 PM
pitbull rockers....any body ever ran em or know someone who has...they seem interesting

Apathy
11-18-2008, 09:09 PM
from my understanding they are a pretty good tire, however,they like to spit beads. this is caused by the bead protector on the tire.

No first hand exprience, but what i've heard.

nbrowser
11-18-2008, 09:20 PM
I know someone who rocks the pitbulls in 39.5s on 16 inch wheels....could ask him his thoughts on em

toyordie
11-18-2008, 10:00 PM
in my opinion dont go boggers they look better than they perform, I know because I've run them as well as tsl and iroks. I think the iroks are by far better all around way better compound

dickrick
11-19-2008, 11:28 PM
BFG's for daily driver[36] Swampers for a 50 50 drive And I hear boggers for a off road only![cheers]

jkgirl
11-20-2008, 10:55 AM
wow thancx everyone for you imput thats awsome and i think ill go for the super swampers i know they r a sikk tire and mabee the boggers are a bit much for now as i do like to do trail and rock too.. thanx alot guys!!!!!

dirka dave
11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
BFG's for daily driver[36] Swampers for a 50 50 drive And I hear boggers for a off road only![cheers]

Thats about the best thing I've read so far, except for the MTR poast.....

jkgirl
11-22-2008, 12:47 AM
yar 50 / 50 it shall be thanx yall

B
11-22-2008, 08:22 AM
don't forget about the truxus mt made by interco ... works like a swamper off road and drives like a mt on the road only better in the rain and snow ....

MuddyWheeler
11-22-2008, 08:39 AM
don't forget about the truxus mt made by interco ... works like a swamper off road and drives like a mt on the road only better in the rain and snow ....

I have these on my truck and they work great!!!

Happypants
12-05-2008, 01:48 PM
ok guys i need some help on my decision for tires im kinda split on what to get i kinda have my heart set on the swamper boggers but maybee just some super swampers do you guys think that there is a difference on breakability on my jeep between the 2 tires. it is a new jeep and i thrash the crap out of it but im stuck paying it off for the rest of my life so i want to get it payed down some b4 i start needing to upgrade everything else on it i already need a new oil pan and bumpers and tires and she is only 4 months old haha...but dont worrie in time she will grow up..... let me know what you all think..... :confused0006:

mabey someone shouldnt be following me through creeks then hahah,

Kraqa
12-13-2008, 03:46 PM
pitbull rockers....any body ever ran em or know someone who has...they seem interesting

jon3y3 runs em. they have a compound that is softer then most DOT tires. they wear fast but work decent.

the problem with them is that the tread lugs are so big. they are more of a rock tire if you ask me. and not BC rock. moab/AZ style rock.

Bogger suck BALLS for anything other then goign in a straight line.

i woudl say Truxus MT's or Super swamper SX or TSL. Iroks are good for the first season then they round out and the performance drops off the mat.

LTB's are cool but heavy. and the compound seams to be real hard and have a long break in period.

All my experience is based on rock crawlgin and trail wheeling. Not mud.

Besides mud is for pussy's right??

Happypants
12-13-2008, 04:47 PM
yea, andy runs the rockers, i was talking to him about them last weekend, hes really likeing them, i wouldnt mind trying them, was thinking about picking up 38`s when i get the new axels in, right now im running bias ply tsls, i like em even there pnuts old OLD almost bald tires, they still do pretty well in the rocks, i would go with tsl sx`s but there heavy fuckers, my spare is a 36" sx and that spare, unmounted weighs more than one of my tsls on my aluminum rim with air in it,

dirka dave
12-13-2008, 04:51 PM

The jurry is still out on that one..:confused0006:

We are doing extensive testing as we speak...:D

WHOOT SNOW TIRE TESTING !!!!![36]

Happypants
12-13-2008, 04:53 PM
ask aaron(heep) about taking the truxus mts in the snow, he was up in the interior last weekend in his jeep aparantly there pretty fucking good

B
12-13-2008, 04:53 PM
The jurry is still out on that one..:confused0006:

We are doing extensive testing as we speak...:D

WHOOT SNOW TIRE TESTING !!!!![36]

not for us bud we tested it last year with crazy results ... it's just you thats hung up on the mtr thing ... [16]

good tires for street trucks ... [f] ...;)

dirka dave
12-14-2008, 03:20 AM
I am waiting to see how Peggy does in his 4runner....

RabidRabit
12-14-2008, 05:55 AM

turdbirds...wtf

HEAVY METAL
12-14-2008, 08:33 AM
jon3y3 runs em. they have a compound that is softer then most DOT tires. they wear fast but work decent.

the problem with them is that the tread lugs are so big. they are more of a rock tire if you ask me. and not BC rock. moab/AZ style rock.

Bogger suck BALLS for anything other then goign in a straight line.

i woudl say Truxus MT's or Super swamper SX or TSL. Iroks are good for the first season then they round out and the performance drops off the mat.

LTB's are cool but heavy. and the compound seams to be real hard and have a long break in period.

All my experience is based on rock crawlgin and trail wheeling. Not mud.

Besides mud is for pussy's right??

easy now....

norm
12-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Boogers in rear,LTB's in front[36]

and groove em!!

UU
12-14-2008, 09:25 AM
[16] I love how people diss boggers (only good for mud and straight lines) even tho I seem to run circles around everyone else

:dontknow: just sayin'

In The Zone
12-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Swampers (Bias ply).....once they round out.....hands down..

xtremeyj
12-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Im the guy nbrowser was talkin about, I run the 40" x 16.5 x 16 pitbull rockers, Im pretty happy with em so far, Im sure when I get em broke in they will be even better. Only issue is there is only one dealer up here that I know of and they are hard to get ordered. They are a really hard tire and the weight of my jeep wont break them in as fast as I want, but I dont dd my jeep, its pretty much just a trail rig now.

Kraqa
12-15-2008, 12:16 PM
easy now....

sarcasm......lol....

BuckNaked
12-15-2008, 12:20 PM
bfgs for daily driver if not tsl ltbs
________
Yamaha mu-series history (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_MU-series)

Kraqa
12-15-2008, 12:22 PM
[16] I love how people diss boggers (only good for mud and straight lines) even tho I seem to run circles around everyone else

:dontknow: just sayin'

there is no debate on the fact that they do better in the mud them most tires.

as well there is no debate that there is a number of other tires that do much better on the trail and rocks then the bogger.

so that being said i still dont' know why people get so upset when they are told boggers arnt the best.

UU
12-15-2008, 01:05 PM
there is no debate on the fact that they do better in the mud them most tires.

as well there is no debate that there is a number of other tires that do much better on the trail and rocks then the bogger.

so that being said i still dont' know why people get so upset when they are told boggers arnt the best.

38" SX's on order, should be here soon :D

dirka dave
12-15-2008, 01:18 PM
My MTR's did great in the snow yesterday !!!

(helps when you look where you are going.)

4x4boy
01-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Ive Heard Cooper's Are Okay?:confused0006: :dontknow:

4x4boy
01-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Ive Heard Coopers R Okay:confused0006: :dontknow:

4Lo
01-02-2009, 01:04 AM
I like my LTB's. They def are not a dd tire but they have stood up okay to pavement. I like their traction ability off road. They need to be aired down in the snow for street driving. Great traction in the mud and they seem to clean well. Would I buy another set...yes. But I would like to try another aggresive style of tire as well just because. But for the price of a new set of LTB's you can't go wrong imo.

ROBO
01-02-2009, 11:01 AM
i ran boggers for a summer or 2 and now running tsl sx's and they are both great tires.. but very differnt from one another..defintly sx on the trails and rocks... boggers had big side trackin problum, especialy when its wet out,but couldnet beet them in the deep mud. sx much quieter on the road and seem too be lasting longer so far...

El Camino
01-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I considered the SX as well. My boggers seem to do quite well on rocks as well as mud and deep snow. I wouldnt recommend them for DD. Anything I buy for my truck is strictly for off road. I dont consider on road performance when I buy tires. I just wanted to try the Boggers out. They arent the end all be all but I like them. I have a friend who spends more time on road and he got the TSL radial SSR. They are pretty good as well, and come siped.