PDA

View Full Version : custom axles?

nucktaco
11-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Hey,

I just talked to the guy from demello offroad about his SAS on his 05 tacoma. Ive been looking into doing the same to my 08 and one big thing he mentioned was having to deal with the sensors in the suspension. Does anyone know of any (hopefully local) companies that can make custom axle outers to accept my stock sensors? Im planning to run a HP d60 in the front with a 14bff in the rear. BTW i did search but didnt find anything. My only other option is to run the currie iron jock rear axle but thats a fair bit more expensive than a 14 bolt.

Thanks,

Scott

Tha_Stepside
12-02-2008, 04:45 PM
What you could do is find out what pin voltage those sensors send to the computer, most likeley a yota dealor can help. Then you set up a power supply and use a combination of resistors to generate the proper voltage that the sensor normally would send to the ECU as it would in a normal operating range. Thats what we do to heavy machinery when a major sensor fails, we just trick the computer into thinking that its there untill the part is ordered in and we can replace it.

Happypants
12-02-2008, 11:30 PM
word of advice, leave the new one alone, get yourself a older one and start there, less to worry about, less money you have to spend on sensors and other stuff that may go nuts while going through mud or spinning the tires really hard,

FU Toolbag
12-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Do those have sensors in the suspension, ie shocks, or just wheel speed sensors for the abs?

Trooper
12-07-2008, 11:35 AM
They have suspension sensors and wheel speed. All for electronic stablility controll.