PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding a 3vze in kelowna

ktownrover
11-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Anyone have a good recommendation for a okanagan shop to rebuild a 3.0?
and how much it might cost? Thanks for any info.

Redneck_04
11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
build a 3.4 they use the same trany and rad i think it might even be the same block just bored out a little but they dont have the head gasket problem!!!!!!

girlcrazy_4
11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Anyone have a good recommendation for a okanagan shop to rebuild a 3.0?
and how much it might cost? Thanks for any info.

Let me know with what you come up with. I'm sure not trusting my 3.0 but i'd most likely do the gaskets myself if they went.

slacker
11-13-2008, 08:02 AM
pandosy machine does ALL of my engine machining stuff .. Mark is a good guy , and they do awesome work . I always assembel , and get my own parts , so that saves a bunch of coin.

as above though .. If your able to do a swap , I would absolutly recommend the 3.4L .. low milage units are out there , I bought one for my Trekker . The 3.4 has better fuel economy and more power .. and also a supercharger avaliable .. fairly easy swap for your year .

ktownrover
11-13-2008, 04:11 PM
pandosy machine does ALL of my engine machining stuff .. Mark is a good guy , and they do awesome work . I always assembel , and get my own parts , so that saves a bunch of coin.

as above though .. If your able to do a swap , I would absolutly recommend the 3.4L .. low milage units are out there , I bought one for my Trekker . The 3.4 has better fuel economy and more power .. and also a supercharger avaliable .. fairly easy swap for your year .

Not really having the knowledge or the place to do the swap, would a shop be able to bolt that up if i found the block 3.4 block or would they think i was crazy? I read there is some funky wiring and possible trouble shooting to get that all in working order.

ktownrover
11-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Also regarding the rebuild, at the moment I am slowly loosing coolant into cyclinder 6 but so far no mixing with the oil, still runs very strong, at 300,000km but it's time may come any day, would just doing the heads be reasonable? it burns some oil about a litre every 1500km's or so so i would think the bottom end may need some work soon as well.