PDA

View Full Version : f*ck optispark

Chody
11-11-2008, 02:35 PM
clean me engine once and wow, wont start. herd the 93 94 optispark sucked... and what a job!this chevy thing gets more depressing every day...

paul jr
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
i would still lay under a Chev than drive any thing else.....don't loose the faith:mad0215:

Chody
11-11-2008, 06:12 PM
faith is gone... why the f*ck would you put the "distributer" in a place that just to do the cap you have to remove the rad, waterpump, airpump...WTF... my lil engine detail to sell it has turned into a 5 hout ordeal that costs 200 bucks..

kootenaycat
11-11-2008, 11:07 PM
faith is gone... why the f*ck would you put the "distributer" in a place that just to do the cap you have to remove the rad, waterpump, airpump...WTF... my lil engine detail to sell it has turned into a 5 hout ordeal that costs 200 bucks..

What kind of vehicle do you have? Never heard of going through that much work to remove the dist cap. And I'm assuming you shampood your engine? Should have gotten a little advice about keeping the distributor dry. Simple little thing about high voltage and water, they don't mix well. ;)

Chody
11-12-2008, 05:59 PM
yah the "distributer " is on the front of the engine below/behind the harmonic balencer/waterpump... its a 94 z-28 camaro

vajayjay
11-12-2008, 06:09 PM
its a 94 z-28 camaro[/quote]

Well theres your problem right there:happy0045:

Chody
11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
picked it up for a g.. its badass, just shoulda now washed the engine i guess

Chody
11-12-2008, 10:12 PM
5 mins after i picked the car up

kootenaycat
11-12-2008, 10:21 PM
In my almost 20 years of pulling wrenches for a living, I can honestly say I've never seen a SBC where the distributor is not at the back of the engine. Mind you I've been working on imports for the last 10. :confused0006: I'm assuming this is a coil pack your talking about?

Chody
11-13-2008, 07:56 AM
nonono the optispark connects the the camshaft and sits at the front, hence having to take off the pullys and stuff,looks like thisthe first one is the replace ment, and the second one is where the stock one is located AFTER taking off the RAD,WATERPUMP, SMOG PUMP,and CRANK BALANCER...

MetalMan
11-13-2008, 06:15 PM
It's an LT1, they all have the opti-spark distributor which is at the front of the engine. And I like how you go to vfbody to figure out why it won't start then come back here to piss and moan about it. It's common sense to bag and tape electrical components when you take a pressure washer to the engine bay, that's not the cars fault it's your own stupid mistake.

kootenaycat
11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Ok, in my almost 20 years wrenching, THAT is the most fucked up engineering I have ever seen, bar none. And I've seen some really fucked up ideas. [16] Before I die, I'd like to beat the living shit out of an automotive engineer.

nbrowser
11-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Ok, in my almost 20 years wrenching, THAT is the most fucked up engineering I have ever seen, bar none. And I've seen some really fucked up ideas. [16] Before I die, I'd like to beat the living shit out of an automotive engineer.

[iagree] [iagree] [iagree] [iagree] [iagree]

Chody
11-13-2008, 10:35 PM
yes because i can bag and tape that without taking all that shit off... like i said.. chevy sux , and this thing is now forsale, im stickn with the stang... and who said pressure washer? i sprayed some special degreaser an LIGHTLY rinsed it off, time to get off the rag dude.

kootenaycat
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
yes because i can bag and tape that without taking all that shit off... like i said.. chevy sux , and this thing is now forsale, im stickn with the stang... and who said pressure washer? i sprayed some special degreaser an LIGHTLY rinsed it off, time to get off the rag dude.

Don't lump all Chevys into the same pile just because of one bad idea. Have you ever run into a broken spark plug on a 5.4 in a F150? Ford actually has a TSB on HOW to remove spark plugs. Now that's fucked! [16] And you can't even see the actual engine on a 6.4 Superduty. When you have to pull the cab off the frame to pull the engine or even do head gaskets, it's time to re-think the whole engineering department. :( And they still can't build an auto trans that will stay together. And probably before your time, but ask an old Ford mechanic about the VV carb in the Crown Vics, boy was that a great idea. I know Chevy and Dodge have their problems too, just saying Ford isn't any better. You just happened to buy one of Chevy's bad ideas! :D

dirka dave
11-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Interesting reading.....

So how much for the Camaro ?

Chody
11-15-2008, 07:37 AM
4, 5k? who gives a fuck, i dont use it anywayse