PDA

View Full Version : 90 tracker no heat??

Jroc
11-10-2008, 01:30 AM
so with my tracker i turn on the heater (after its warmed up) and i get kinda warm air for a few seconds then it gradually gets colder, then if i turn the heat off again wait a few min and turn it on it will again be warm then cold down, i have checked the duct work and nothings plugged, lots of air flow from the heater fan, i changed out the 95 degree t-stat for a 195 t-stat, did a rad flush and new coolant, plugged my extra hood vents and still no change? anyone have any ideas? thanks!:dontknow:

MUD CHILD
11-10-2008, 11:19 AM
so with my tracker i turn on the heater (after its warmed up) and i get kinda warm air for a few seconds then it gradually gets colder, then if i turn the heat off again wait a few min and turn it on it will again be warm then cold down, i have checked the duct work and nothings plugged, lots of air flow from the heater fan, i changed out the 95 degree t-stat for a 195 t-stat, did a rad flush and new coolant, plugged my extra hood vents and still no change? anyone have any ideas? thanks!:dontknow:

Was it doing this before you thermostat?

Explorer guy418
11-10-2008, 11:59 AM
could be an air pocket in that bitch.

Tinker
11-10-2008, 12:37 PM
could be an air pocket in that bitch.

Me think he smrt man!

DURANGO
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
it was doing it b4 changin t-stat.........

sparkes3
11-10-2008, 05:43 PM
air in system

ray
11-12-2008, 12:39 AM
put a burper on it or take the cap off let her run for a while till theromsat opens up with cap off

stay away tho it gets hot

then run it till u get heat the system will naturally push the air pockets to the cap if u run it without the cap for a lil bit

should solve your problem if not u should put a burper on it

Jroc
11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
tryed runnin it with the cap off, seems to be a bit better but not were it should be, what the hells a burper? is the the cap with the release valve on it?

ray
11-13-2008, 04:21 AM
no a burper is a funnel with interchangable caps on it that seal too your rad housing when threaded on then u put fluid in funnel and run it with the funnel on and all air will be pushed out and the fluid in funnel will replace the air pockets so theres no air in system and also make sure you didnt put thermosat in backwards that would make a big problem two !

u can do the burping method by filling it with fluid while you or a buddy is wearing rubber gloves that are thick hot liquid and press it in your fill cap to reduce leaks as much as possible and then do it that way

but i dont recommend it

if you do your own work just go out and buy a burper set save yeh lots of heating and filling and flushin time

bob
11-13-2008, 11:10 PM
put in a flushing kit & put it at the highest point of your heater in the engine compartment,

ray
11-13-2008, 11:48 PM
those also work dreams for heat issues didnt think of that one

bob
11-14-2008, 09:24 AM
that is the cheapest way I can think of,

the other thing is to pull apart your heater air intake under the passenger side dashboard between the fan and the heater core ( big square soft plastic thing ) take a flashlight and look at your heater core, use a vacuum to suck out any leaves - remember not to ram it in there you don't want to damage anything,

on the fan side there is a resistor it is fragile - you may have to feel around with your hands

Jroc
12-14-2008, 06:52 AM
the fan pushes lots of air and theirs no debri i can see in their, could the heater core be pluged between the fins? thinkin of just taking it into a shop and getin a presurized flush done with that chemical crap, might work

barracuda
12-14-2008, 10:07 AM
if the flushing kit doesnt work your heater core could be plugged , before spending money on a radshop to flush it price out a new one at CT.

sj-x 500
12-14-2008, 11:03 AM
which setting do you have it on? i can't remeber if trackers have indian air conditioning like sammi's did. pretty much by passes the heater core.

i had to back flush my 84's heater core cuz some bone head put stop leak in it. worked great after. but it sounds like you're having a water flow issue to the heater core since the heat that is in the core is getting blown out very quickly. check for kinked hoses as well.

nbrowser
12-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Now I'm thinkin the thing has a water control valve that's kinda closed....easy to spot, look for a vacuum operated thing on the heater core hoses, if ya see it, bypass it for shits n giggles.