PDA

View Full Version : work cube van

fullsizebronco
11-07-2008, 06:57 PM
So its a 98ish ford power stroke cube van and seems to have power to the lights and all power acc. But nothing happens when you try and start it I cleaned all the terminals off the battery and it seems that the other battery on the frame has power to.... even had jumpers on it from anothe truck to see if it was a power problem but still nothing so is there a relay or a fuse or solinoid or however you spell it that I should be looking at.... first thing Monday ill check the connection at the starter but was just wanting to have a few more ideas to trouble shoot this Monday thanx for any help!

fullsizebronco
11-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Oops I double posted sorry! I guess there is no way I can delete one only a mod can? Anyway! Any help would be appreciated!

longhorn
11-07-2008, 08:18 PM
My superdutys been doing that.
Turn the key on so the steering wheel unlocks and SLAM it in and out of park a few times them try it.
Park to first and hard back into Park while wiggling the steering wheel.

500grhollowpoint
11-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Well if thats the case don't slam anything try starting it in neutral not park.

fullsizebronco
11-07-2008, 09:46 PM
holy crap i never even thought about that i have just done that in the past month or so in my girlfriends car and never thought to try it in the work van .... now i feel silly thanx tho ! that would be awesome if that was it then maybe i could bug my boss for a raise haha jk

fullsizebronco
11-09-2008, 08:40 AM
anyone else have any ideas if thats not the problem ???

In The Zone
11-09-2008, 09:51 AM
linkage adjustment on the trans shifter......