PDA

View Full Version : short lived, stave sunday

tchevy
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
went for a quick wheel up stave sunday. of course in 5 min im good and stuck:dontknow: the new weatherstripping kept the water out of the cab:D , the fan sprayed the motor with poop water:mad: , and my mechanical fuel pump that isnt hooked up because i have an electric now, obviously tore the diaphram from being dry and at 6 grand all the time and filled my crankcase with 2 liters or water.go fuck yourself i noticed 10 min after being pulled out the oil pressuse was pegged so i pulled the stick to inspect and yah, lots of vanilla milkshake. did an emergency oil change and went right home. just did another one and it seems ok. one more to go.

oh and of couse my camera had dead batteries. a nice guy by the name of Bruce came up to me after i was out and was like "i got it all on film". he put it on his website so i could see it. anyways rant over heres the vid.

http://www.backroadtv.com/play.php?vid=109

RIFF RAFF
11-05-2008, 07:34 AM
that poor kid. just spent 6 on the motor and the motor sucked up a bunch of water in that hole. his oil came out all milky....

HEAVY METAL
11-05-2008, 07:36 AM
holy tom.. that sux yo...sounds like she'll be allright for a while?

HEAVY METAL
11-05-2008, 08:10 AM
hey tom i have a fuel pump block off piece if ya want it.....yo

dirka dave
11-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Stave clames another motor....Shitty

Spedley
11-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Isnt this the dude that was bashing Toyotas on that other thread?????? Maybe that woulda been a better choice huh???

Just jokin man..... Sorry to hear bout your shitty luck.

tchevy
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Isnt this the dude that was bashing Toyotas on that other thread?????? Maybe that woulda been a better choice huh???

Just jokin man..... Sorry to hear bout your shitty luck.

dont take the yota talk to personal, they are a cool rig too:o , just not as cool as chevys lol
i wont be bashing boats thats for sure, maybe i should get one of them:confused0006:

tchevy
11-05-2008, 05:25 PM
hey tom i have a fuel pump block off piece if ya want it.....yo

hey thanks dean, i just put one on today at work, it was definalty the fuel pump, i havent lost any oil pressure and dont hear and clang clang rattle ding bang so i am a happy camper. caught it early:D

Happypants
11-05-2008, 05:55 PM
hmm nice stuck, mabey you should watch where your going lol, j/k, talk about being lucky, why didnt you use one of my shovels to dig yourself out lol?

btw i gotta get my shovels haha

tchevy
11-05-2008, 06:15 PM
hmm nice stuck, mabey you should watch where your going lol, j/k, talk about being lucky, why didnt you use one of my shovels to dig yourself out lol?

btw i gotta get my shovels haha

they were in the box but not required lol. i crept into it then decided it was good to go a floored it, got about 2 feet:cool:

SHITTY
11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
nice vid like the tunes in the backgroung haha. shitty luck about the motor dude

Reeseman
11-05-2008, 09:10 PM
you need to switch to a clutch fan. I will hit the water and stop spining.

Troy
11-06-2008, 12:29 AM

and then all the poo water and mud gets in the clutch hub bearing and fucks it right up then the next time you go to take your truck out, surprise! your clutch fan is seized and is always spinning now:rolleyes:

either straight mechanical or electric fans with a master override switch are the choices, electrics are good for boggin but theres more things to go wrong like wiring/motors etc.

Happypants
11-06-2008, 11:48 AM

stop smokin crack, lol, electric so you can turn it off,

tchevy
11-06-2008, 09:45 PM
ill jsut try and stay out of the water, be cheaper in the long run lol

toyon35s
11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
ill jsut try and stay out of the water, be cheaper in the long run lol

or get a bigger truck or a snorkle[cheers]

SBC hris
11-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Nice work man, I learned that lesson the hard way too. Mud good, water bad.