PDA

View Full Version : Flowmaster, Dynomax or Magnaflow?

Little Samurai
11-01-2008, 09:35 AM
I am doing the 2" exhaust upgrade with a Calmini Header and was looking for some advice as to what muffler to use. So far I am looking between the Dynomax Super Turbo, Magnaflow ? or a Flowmaster 50 Delta Flow

What is the difference between a round muffler VS an oval one (other than shape:rolleyes:), a turbo Vs a non turbo and can I fit a 4"x9.5" oval into a Sami?

If I want a deeper tone but don't want it to sound like a rice burnin' Honda civic or be so loud that it wakes up my neighbors at 5 in the morning when it's cold and idling at 2200 rpm what would you recommend?

I am also looking for the power and fuel economy gains typically associated with this type of upgrade. Is there a happy medium between volume, tone and power without sounding like a ricer?

HEAVY METAL
11-01-2008, 09:44 AM
dunno bout dynamax..flowmaster is a " hollow" sound...the magnaflow will give u a deeper tone...on a non v8 application id use a magnaflow...

Rye Guy
11-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I'd go magna flow. no burn thru design (exuast note won't get louder over time as the rest will) I run dual magna flow on my Blazer and love the sound.

street legal quad
11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm running a dynomax with a DT header. I love it and I have had a lot of people ask me what I'm running because they like it also. dont drive the hell out of it for the first week so it "seasons" and you will love it. where are you from because if local I can let you listen. I have a isky torquer cam and at an idle is has a great sound.

street legal quad
11-01-2008, 01:23 PM
sorry great sound for an engine that has 4 cylinders and no turbo lol

Little Samurai
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm running a dynomax with a DT header. I love it and I have had a lot of people ask me what I'm running because they like it also. dont drive the hell out of it for the first week so it "seasons" and you will love it. where are you from because if local I can let you listen. I have a isky torquer cam and at an idle is has a great sound.

I would love to have a listen, I am in Pitt Meadows if that's what you mean by local. I was looking at the Thorley header but had a hard time buying one so I went with the Calmini instead.

Sent you a PM

dirka dave
11-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Cherry Bomb dude [36] [36] [36]

[cheers]

Little Samurai
11-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Cherry Bomb dude [36] [36] [36]

[cheers]
Thanks Dave, I was told they have a nice mellow not at all offensive sound to them.:rolleyes:

dirka dave
11-01-2008, 03:29 PM
They are good for hunting....

ShortStack
11-01-2008, 04:07 PM
I use a Walker Dynomax on my rabbit and it sounds deep, but with a huge cam its was kind of a loud deep. But atleast while driving it, it didn't make me deaf like Rob's Flowmaster SUPER40 :rolleyes:

People constantly ask me what I've done to the rabbit, and never believe me it only has a 2.0L in it.:D

ray
11-02-2008, 12:53 AM
MAGNA FLOW OR

I USE A BORLA VERY NICE SETTLE SOUND WHEN DRIVING BUTT WHEN YEH GET ON IT SOUNDS SWEET !

IM ALSO ON 2 1/4 EXHAST NO CAT SO WITH A CAT IT WOULD BE QUEITER TOO !

MUD CHILD
11-02-2008, 09:59 AM
I'm running a Doug Thorley header 2 1/4" without a cat and a cherry bomb turbo muffler(NOT the round one) It sounds really good (for a 4 cylinder), I've had many complements on it as well. Watch the video in this link and you can hear what it sounds like.

(http://www.funinbc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93417)

ShortStack
11-02-2008, 10:53 AM
I guess I should say my car has an audi 2.0, cammed etc, with TT downpipe, no cat.

I"ll check for the receipts for ya still tho :)

Little Samurai
11-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. I looked into the Dynomax but ended up getting a good price on a 6" round Magnaflow 2" in/out. Was going to get it all put in this weekend but I am still waiting for the header to show up. I'll try to post a video or sound clip when it is all finished...unless it sounds like ass.:)

EIEIO
11-07-2008, 03:15 PM
I have the SS 6" 2in and 2out. Magnaflow SS Catalytic converter to match it. Love the sound, especially at 5500rpm!! [36]