PDA

View Full Version : Buying d60 help

crazydude
09-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Well found some one selling exactly what im needing front and rear d60 axles out of a 2001 dodge ram. But the truck was rolled and I am wondering if they are worth buying or not after the truck has been rolled. Is there any thing I should look for?

thanx

HEAVY METAL
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
roled numerous times or flopped?.. id be a lil leary about bent axle tubes if it was rolled numerous times ... but just a flop.. np's give er..

slowdodge
09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
they got unit wheel bearings and balljoints gay. look for an older set if possible that are'nt possibly bent before you buy them.

crazydude
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Well the guy says there aint a straight panel on it any more so Im guessing it was rolled numerous times. So they got to be no good well I guess Ill keep searchin. I just want a set that will bolt right in so there aint any fab work involved.

521 Ford
09-26-2008, 06:39 PM
crawl under and have a good look at them,axle tube should look straight from knuckle to knuckle (an imaginary line through the diff).The last set of axles I got was from a complete write off crew cab that went off a mountain road into a river below, nothing left of the truck but the axles were still straight. If you're paying more than a grand for the front end it better be in good shape. My 60 front is visibly bent from jumping and it still tracks straight on the street....been meaning to straighten it though.

crazydude
09-26-2008, 06:52 PM
well this guy is selling front and rear axles with suspension for $600 so might go have a look but its all in willy puddle so will have to see.