PDA

View Full Version : XJ or ZJ Build

Gaybait
09-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Heres My New Problem.

The ZJ did a nice roll into the ditch last night and im unsure if ICBC is going to write it off or Fix it. Either way if i get the jeep back its coming off the road and im either going to lift it / build it and buy a daily driver ( beater ish )

Now this is what im thinking. Ive had jeeps my whole 2 years of having my licence ( 3 now ) and i want another so.

What would you guys do in my case. If im to buy a XJ for around 1000$ to daily drive which rig would do better.

For the $$ in the end would the ZJ wheel better or the XJ. For the least amount of money which will run me less in the end for performance off the road as well as DD.

Opinions Please thanks.

Zibi
09-24-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd rather wheel an XJ

dirka dave
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Toyota....:D

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/david_corry/Smilies/blazer1.gif

Gaybait
09-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Toyota....:D

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/david_corry/Smilies/blazer1.gif

id love a toyota but there more $$ thani can come up with i think

bcwheeler
09-24-2008, 03:16 PM
James if you flopped the jeep they will write it off as a loss because of the unibody once there is any damage to the structure its a total write off

Gaybait
09-24-2008, 03:20 PM
James if you flopped the jeep they will write it off as a loss because of the unibody once there is any damage to the structure its a total write off

the way it landed it wasnt hard on the roof, more onto the passenger side ( rolled back over ) it might not be that bad because the ditch i rolled into was prettyy soft, minus the big rocks that smashed underneath my truck. but i guess we'll see.. according to my insurance the trucks worth 10,000$ in there rate class and with my 300$ deductable they might just fix it.. u never know with icbc but i guess we will see wont we

dirka dave
09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
They will probably re-sell it to someone else.....http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/david_corry/Smilies/gnasher.gif

DeeDee
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Why not try a YJ?

Gaybait
09-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Why not try a YJ?

alittle more $$ than i come get.. If its a write off il look into it. but from what im thinking they might just fix it? but if not then il see what the settlement is. if they fix it and give it back im going to buy something cheap, like under 2k to dd

Justin_B
09-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Iv had a XJ and now i got a ZJ. The xj had a 3" lift and i just put in a 4.5" on the ZJ, so far im liking the ZJ. Iv tooken it out a few times now, Just waiting on a highsteer kit i orderd. Pretty much comes down to whatever you wanna do[cheers]

Rye Guy
09-24-2008, 05:53 PM
ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ ZJ aLL THE WAY

Moondog
09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
CJ......

lornix
09-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Depends on what you find. Personally I would choose an XJ, but I would not rule out a ZJ at all.

One thing with the ZJ though is to make sure you get one without the CV style axle shafts in the front. Even though they are "solid axle" fronts, some ZJs use the CV shafts which are not a strong as the non-CV shafts. I would also avoid the quadra drive optioned ZJs.... you can't lock them at all and they transfer your traction unpredictably and inconsistently. Great for icy roads, but lousy for wheeling.

The XJs are not without their quirks though [16]

I think over all the ZJ is more comfortable, but more electrical to go wrong with them. The XJ may take more pounding before it breaks.... they seem to be built a little tougher. (?)

Just my humble opinion

UU
09-24-2008, 07:16 PM
I'd wait and see what ICBC has to say

Rye Guy
09-24-2008, 07:21 PM
CJ......

Yah

FKN MRK
09-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Is there going to be a claim against your insurance if icbc writes it off? Might not be worth claiming it if your rates will go up:dontknow:

FKN MRK
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
...... according to my insurance the trucks worth 10,000$ in there rate class and with my 300$ deductable they might just fix it.. u never know with icbc but i guess we will see wont we

:confused:

Happypants
09-24-2008, 08:34 PM
get a xj and build it up, and buy yourself a dd, just dont lift it with blocks again, cause we all remember what happened last time you used blockes lol

Justin_B
09-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Depends on what you find. Personally I would choose an XJ, but I would not rule out a ZJ at all.

One thing with the ZJ though is to make sure you get one without the CV style axle shafts in the front. Even though they are "solid axle" fronts, some ZJs use the CV shafts which are not a strong as the non-CV shafts. I would also avoid the quadra drive optioned ZJs.... you can't lock them at all and they transfer your traction unpredictably and inconsistently. Great for icy roads, but lousy for wheeling.

The XJs are not without their quirks though [16]

I think over all the ZJ is more comfortable, but more electrical to go wrong with them. The XJ may take more pounding before it breaks.... they seem to be built a little tougher. (?)

Just my humble opinion

Too add onto what lornix said:
The CV style axles are in the v-8's only , all the 4.0's have the u-joint style axle and front drive shaft.And for the ZJ electric's 93-95ish the wiring harness's in the doors were slighty too short(they fixed it in 95 i think) and after time of opening up the doors the stretch and then fail, which then causes the security system to think its being broken into there for not starting or not running right, you can just ground out the security deal. I got an 94 ZJ but i have manual lock and windows so i dont have any of the eletronic stuff in the doors.

Ironman
09-24-2008, 08:40 PM
10,000...... hahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhahahah... holy fuck gotta breath.........hahhahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahahah ahhahahah.

your better off jumping off a bridge if you think your getting that. its a 2 or 3 grand truck at most. your parents must be real proud

epic3
09-24-2008, 10:22 PM
the way it landed it wasnt hard on the roof, more onto the passenger side ( rolled back over ) it might not be that bad because the ditch i rolled into was prettyy soft, minus the big rocks that smashed underneath my truck. but i guess we'll see.. according to my insurance the trucks worth 10,000$ in there rate class and with my 300$ deductable they might just fix it.. u never know with icbc but i guess we will see wont we

Make sure ya see the doctor too about potential soft tissue damage

your neck must be real sore bout now

4Lo
09-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Make sure ya see the doctor too about potential soft tissue damage

your neck must be real sore bout now

Stick it to iCBC they rape us so use the fukin system. I'm serious....go the distance.

Ironman
09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Ya do it. i hear when your at fault for a accident icbc pays triple for injury claims

jesslee
09-24-2008, 10:49 PM
they will end up saying its his fault the vehicle rolled... cant blaim a roll on icy roads in september. how did you manage to roll? doin mach chicken around a corner? "drifting" like all them asian kids? excessive speed? or were you just turning a corner nice n easy and the vehicle managed to topple over in a ditch? because if your going to use that story... you better have a leprechaun up your ass.... any average human knows that doesnt happen. Just sayin

4Lo
09-24-2008, 11:18 PM
There you go according to jay you might walk away with an H2

4Lo
09-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Of course it'd be a used H2.

Then in a year you can flog it for $2500 with a slippy tranny.

Gaybait
09-24-2008, 11:21 PM
no i knwo its not worth 10 fucking grand il be lucky to get 2000$ my dads in insurance and the rate class the jeep is under claims its worth 10 but i know its not and i wasen't saying im gettting 10,000. Im still not sure if its a write off or not, my rates are going up by 15% and its currently sitting in the salvage yard at anasis island / queesbourough right now waiting estimate

Gaybait
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
they will end up saying its his fault the vehicle rolled... cant blaim a roll on icy roads in september. how did you manage to roll? doin mach chicken around a corner? "drifting" like all them asian kids? excessive speed? or were you just turning a corner nice n easy and the vehicle managed to topple over in a ditch? because if your going to use that story... you better have a leprechaun up your ass.... any average human knows that doesnt happen. Just sayin

and read the other thread ass, my ring + pinion gear snapped and put a hole in my diff which caused my right wheel to lock and pull me in. THANKS

epic3
09-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Ya do it. i hear when your at fault for a accident icbc pays triple for injury claims

thats why you get collision coverage so even if your at fault they cover you for personal and property damage[cheers]

so if your insurance is gonna go up anyways make sure you get all you can

Ironman
09-24-2008, 11:44 PM
thats why you get collision coverage so even if your at fault they cover you for personal and property damage[cheers]

so if your insurance is gonna go up anyways make sure you get all you can

collision dosent cover you for personal injury if your at fault. it just covers your vhicle

surreysinner
09-25-2008, 03:40 AM
no i knwo its not worth 10 fucking grand il be lucky to get 2000$ my dads in insurance and the rate class the jeep is under claims its worth 10 but i know its not and i wasen't saying im gettting 10,000. Im still not sure if its a write off or not, my rates are going up by 15% and its currently sitting in the salvage yard at anasis island / queesbourough right now waiting estimate

In you had it listed for $3000firm and the tranny was good?:mad0215:

Sorry but Man i wont even look at your for sale ads after this fiascal.[16]

Chopstick
09-25-2008, 04:16 PM
good icbc will right it off, probably give you nothing for it, then i'll go buy it from them for $300 - 500

Gaybait
09-25-2008, 06:59 PM
haha there fixing it

Trooper
09-25-2008, 07:11 PM
They aint gonna fix your rear end. Once they find out it was a mechanical failure that caused the crash you wont be covered. I would cancel the claim man and take your truck as is. Then part it out. Gonna be cheaper in the long run. You will pay more in your premiums from the accident in the next 7 years then your truck is worth way 2 times more....... Your stupid for letting icbc tow it in the first place. At fault claims with a cheap truck aint worth claiming at a low rate scale.

Happypants
09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
i agree, get them to write it off and get rid of it if you can, or buy it back and deal with it yourself, they wont do shit once they find out the rear end blew, they will think you did it intentionally

Trooper
09-25-2008, 09:45 PM
http://www.icbc.com/library/pdf/autoplan_optional_policy_booklet_apg33.pdf#search= %22mechanical%22 (http://www.icbc.com/library/pdf/autoplan_optional_policy_booklet_apg33.pdf#search= %22mechanical%22)

4Lo
09-25-2008, 09:59 PM
Scenario....

You get in an at fault accident. ICBC pays out $2500 in repairs to the shop. This puts you back further down the claim scale. You end up paying back 3 or four times the cost of the repairs (which is included in your annual premium) and it takes three years to get back to where you were on the scale before the accident.

I see this as total bullshit and blatant ignorance. It is like saying pay us to cover you in case you have an accident but we will totally fuck you over when you do.

I thought we payed to be covered not to have too pay back three to four times the claim amount?????????????go fuck yourself

Mr Vic
09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
XJ over ZJ, but since ICBC fixing it.. will you build up your ZJ? or sell it again

HEAVY METAL
09-26-2008, 12:29 AM
who the fuck cares....

Josh_M
09-26-2008, 01:24 AM
Get an xj... zjs are evil !

bcwheeler
09-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Scenario....

You get in an at fault accident. ICBC pays out $2500 in repairs to the shop. This puts you back further down the claim scale. You end up paying back 3 or four times the cost of the repairs (which is included in your annual premium) and it takes three years to get back to where you were on the scale before the accident.

I see this as total bullshit and blatant ignorance. It is like saying pay us to cover you in case you have an accident but we will totally fuck you over when you do.

I thought we payed to be covered not to have too pay back three to four times the claim amount?????????????go fuck yourself

WELCOME TO CANADA

Trooper
09-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Scenario....

LEarn to drive better. If your a road star you get a free accident. With out changing your premiums....

Chopstick
09-26-2008, 07:47 PM
who the fuck cares....

:s30x: