PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATS HUNNY!!!

Trouble
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Well the Show N Shine is over and even with the sparadic rain it was a good turn out with alot of Rookies showing to compete.

Rob was in the Advanced 2 with Sound Wall class Which is higher than the Advanced 1 because he has more subs... Anyways there was only him and one other fellow with tough competing vehicles.

His competitor got 151 DB and Rob beat him by almost 2 DB with a loudest mark at 152.9DB He could have been so much louder but unfortunatly his amps kept going into protect mode and shutting off. Regardless, he was the second loudest vehicle on site second to the bullet proof glass and concrete floor car which was not in his class.

It was great to see a few familiar faces out there... Ryan (Mini) and Jen (Goldie) were there getting the SNAP ON TOOLS truck out there and getting his face seen around the community. Runnin2Wild (Braden ? Sp) was there without Firestorm but still good to see him!

Anyways here are some pictures... Enjoy!

Here's the proper set up that Rob wanted to change from his brothers rats nest of wires...

A few oldies...

Aidan with a beautiful Dodge with 44's and an 8'' suspension lift...

Jeff Champ from 604 Autosound built this little beauty for the competition... with 24 10 inch subs & 3 amps (wattage unknown at the moment) He did not compete with it since he was the host of the competition.

Lordco's cool race car came out and was very cool and very loud!

Aidan with the Impala before Rob's turn

Rob's 1st turn!!

152.9 first score

Unpluggin the equipment...

Bulletproof glass and concrete floor car... 170.6 DB'S!!

Rob's 2nd turn a few things switched around...

And unfortunatly did not fix the problem and he ended up with a 148.9 for his second turn.

But it still won him 1st place in his class with his highest score being 152.9

Happier than a pig in SHhhhh but not willing to let it show ;)

And all the Champs!! Good job all!

Cece
09-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Congrats Rob!!!! Wish we could have come out...

nbrowser
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Wish I could of been there, had to spend the day fixing my Jeep......gotta get it ready for Oct 19th...I haven't been to a sound off in years.....

Trouble
09-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Wish I could of been there, had to spend the day fixing my Jeep......gotta get it ready for Oct 19th...I haven't been to a sound off in years.....

Are you talking about the Sound show in Surrey on the 19th? Rob and I will be there as well... Depending on how I'm feeling (seeing how I would have a few more days to pop this kid out) I may not be able to attend. If you'll be there it will be nice to meet ya :)

nbrowser
09-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Nope, FIBC Newbie run to Davis.....my car has a decent system but it's not competition ready one bit.....

Ugly
09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
too bad i didnt get to meet you, i was mini's sidekick for the day

kootenaycat
09-21-2008, 10:57 PM
170dB's! :eek:

Taxidermy
09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
awesome pics wow truck car

Spedley
09-22-2008, 01:21 AM
That purple Merc and the red Polara are awesome!!! I LOVE traditional (NOT rat rod... yes, there is a difference) rods and kustoms..... That Polara has a crossram!!! Soooooo cool![36] [36] [36] [36] [36]

Zibi
09-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Great pics, good to hear he won [cheers]

i gotta say, that honda might have hit 170db but its ugly as sin and I wouldn't want to drive it...Impala mightve been 20db less but at least its something you can cruise in[cheers]

Trouble
09-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Nope, FIBC Newbie run to Davis.....my car has a decent system but it's not competition ready one bit.....

You'd be surprised at the systems that were played... alot of stock like cars playing walmart bought stereos and 6x9's... I could have put my car in but I thought it had no chance... turns out I might have had a shot since I have a 350watt amp and 2 10'' subs in my little DD. The quietest system got a prize... 2 12'' subs as a boost to make their car sound louder for next time.. then the next up got 2 6x9 speakers. It was a fun and good day for all.

too bad i didnt get to meet you, i was mini's sidekick for the day

I stopped by to say hi to Ryan but didn't see you there when I was chatting with them... but I did see a fella sittin on a camp chair.. coulda been you. Maybe next time [cheers]

170dB's! :eek:

Ya... turns out he's never passed the 171 mark and he's trying... he's tearing it down and redo'ing it to make it louder. His Subs are placed in 18'' pipe that is like 2'' thick (sewer type pipe) so that the sound goes to the back and kicks out to the front.. its a pretty cool set up.. I'll see if I have more pictures of it.
Great pics, good to hear he won [cheers]

i gotta say, that honda might have hit 170db but its ugly as sin and I wouldn't want to drive it...Impala mightve been 20db less but at least its something you can cruise in[cheers]

Thanks he wasn't sure if he was going to enter because of the issue with the protection mode but we all knew he was going to beat people even in protect. My mom and I helped convince him to enter instead of just sit like a bump on a log ;) When I got down there I was happy to see he was indeed going to compete like he has done off and on for 10+ years.

The Honda is ugly... drivable - a little bit.. it has a tiny steering wheel to get it to where they measure the sound but it is in no way street legal. Looking at the inside there is nothing... no tachs, no mirrors.. just concrete floors with the gas and brake pedals and right next to your head on the right is one of the 4 huge subs that are placed in the middle of the vehicle. It had massive power and I know after playing with it more he can get louder.

The Impala is cruisable.. however a little difficult since the front bench seat is moved up quite a bit... it's not super comfy cause he had to make room to the wall of subs in the back seat. The back seat is fully enclosed with wall to prevent any sound from escaping the back and propelling the sound forward. Plus you cant see your blind spot and the little mirrors are not much help.. but it is nice to go show it off :)

I will post up about the one in October after I find out more.. and if I'm feelin up to going I hope to see some of you out there!! Rob would probably enjoy the support too :)

Landlover
09-22-2008, 04:47 PM
nice pic's