PDA

View Full Version : Which 6" long arm to go with

Vastier
09-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on what the best 6" long arm kit is out there for a 2000 TJ ? I'm kinda stuck on the Full Traction but I'm also considering the Nth Degree, Rock Crawler, or Fabtech. I'd be putting in the coil overs as well but I'm not sure about the rear. Quality over price is what I'm looking for. I'd like to keep the skid up too which is ruling out some of these kits.
I'll have a 4 inch skyjacker on the floor when I'm done all this but not until next summer.

Thanks for the input guys.

Apathy
09-14-2008, 07:10 AM
long arm kit and spring over don't go together when your talking about a TJ.

What the hell are you talking about?

If your looking to build your dream rig, then get some new axles and buy a Poly performance kit. They ahve EVERY thing you need, and will work well.
Other than that, probably an RE kit.. bang for buck.

UU
09-14-2008, 07:31 AM
bat1 beat it Nissan boy

Vastier
09-14-2008, 08:25 AM
I fixed it for ya there Pathy...should have said "coil" over...

Apathy
09-14-2008, 09:01 AM
bat1 beat it Nissan boy

:vroam:

NeoAnderson
09-14-2008, 09:13 AM
I would recommend the Rockrawler just cuz i seen the craziest flex out of their latest kits compared to same offerings from the others however Nth Degree kicks ass too....really good belly up skid system.

Take a look at Clayton long arm systems too.Prolly the toughest lift kit out there with GREAT flex....I think they have a belly up system too...not sure.

Happypants
09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
clayton kits are good, but you run into problems with rear steer cause they are so friggen flexy, seen alot of guys running rubicon express long arms on there tj`s and they havent had a complaint about em, im running long arms on the front of my xj and it flexes really well, thinking about converting the rear leafs to coilovers or just coils, and mabey a 3 link next winter,

B
09-16-2008, 06:19 PM
if your in for this kind of a build come talk to us @ jtc as for kits check these out http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Universal-Suspension-Systems-p-1-c-1002.html

i can sell em to ya for that price ... way stronger than any box kit .... they allso have abunch of stuff to make your coilover install a lot easyier as well and i get the coilovers to ... we are doing a tj in the next while with these kits f/r and coilover's pushing the rear back and moveing the gas tank plus a bunch of other stuff ...

B ...

Happypants
09-16-2008, 08:02 PM
hmmmm 1100 bucks aint bad...

dirka dave
09-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Leaf spings are good.....just sayin'

[cheers]

Vastier
09-17-2008, 04:09 AM
Leaf spings are good.....just sayin'

[cheers]

Yeah....I'm not building a wagon [f]
[cheers]

El Camino
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
If your looking for a Kit, my vote goes for full traction, I wouldnt go 6" though. For geometry reasons I would do a 4-4.5 with a 1" body lift and highline or tube fenders if you want the bigger tires and low COG. My .02c

Happypants
09-17-2008, 05:11 PM
i was just looking at the teraflex ones for the tj`s, wow! lotsa parts lol,