PDA

View Full Version : 96 FORD EXPLORER

Beeker89
09-13-2008, 07:45 PM
New clutch master cylinder. i cant seem to get the air out of the line. is there somerthing im missing??

nbrowser
09-13-2008, 07:49 PM
It's a bitch to bleed that system man....at our shop we finally got a reverse bleeder, it pressurizes the slave end on the bleeder screw....and fluid comes out the top....works most of the time. You could also try jacking the nose end of the Exploder up as high as you can get it and give that a shot, our typical manual bleed doesn't involve pumping the pedal, just DOWN then crack the bleeder, then have you assistant bring the pedal up and repeat as needed....just some ideas. Also stupid trick once in a while, take the cap off the master, crack the bleeder....and manually keep the master topped off as it'll drop at a steady rate, known as gravity bleeding.

Beeker89
09-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the ideas. ill give them a try today and let you know how they turn out

turbomustang
09-14-2008, 09:19 AM
go buy one of those cheap compressor brake bleeders the only way i could get mine to bleed i used budddys exspensive one but you can get the cheapie ones from lordco they should work.

Beeker89
09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
ok thanks guys we got it done. we went to lordco and got a manual pump bleeder and we had to bleed out the two lines sepratly from top and bottem

nbrowser
09-14-2008, 06:43 PM
Good goin Beeker89....as I said, thems can be a bitch to bleed all the way.....ugh......been there done that, got the special stuff lol

Reeseman
10-13-2008, 10:09 PM
it is usualy a 2 man job to bleed the clutch. Keep working at it you will get it.