PDA

View Full Version : what axels in my ax10

bigorange440
09-07-2008, 11:36 PM
i got a ax 10 and the stock axels that go from the tranny to the diffs are breaking like string..i tryed tmaxx axels but there a bit too big....what do u guys run...thanks

Cheeky
09-08-2008, 12:16 AM
i got a ax 10 and the stock axels that go from the tranny to the diffs are breaking like string..i tryed tmaxx axels but there a bit too big....what do u guys run...thanks

I would say Samuria,but that probably going worse for ya:dontknow:

toyon35s
09-08-2008, 01:27 AM
crazy glue your drive shafts on after you tighten the screws down,worked great for mine or go buy the aftermarket steel ones for 50$[cheers]

C-Dog
09-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I dont understad how people keep breaking the drive shafts i havent broke one yet and i drive the piss out of it and i have bigger tires on it.....I upgrade just because friend picked up some stronger ones from one stop in Abby

shawn_ruley
09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
regular traxxas rustler sliders work I think. They seem to be quite a popular choice.

bigorange440
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
thanks for the replys guys..i went to one stop today and bought a set of mip steel shafts...the guy i talked to said it was realy wierd that they broke but when i told him i had the older model he said that makes sense cause the older ones have smaller cross pins so they just pop out of the shaft...and thats exactley what my truck was doing...he said all the ones in the last year or so are the bigger pins that go jujst a bit past the edge of the axel..

Cookie
09-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I dont understad how people keep breaking the drive shafts i havent broke one yet and i drive the piss out of it and i have bigger tires on it.....I upgrade just because friend picked up some stronger ones from one stop in Abby

probably trigger happy and lettting the thing hop and hop and hop and hop and hop and hop and hop well thats what i figure

bigorange440
09-11-2008, 07:04 PM
probably trigger happy and lettting the thing hop and hop and hop and hop and hop and hop and hop well thats what i figure

nope...never had it past 1/4 throtle..when it broke..and it never hoped...was jsut trying to crawl a steep incline...but like i said it was the older style with the shit yokes....now i have beat the shit out of it and no problems at all...

Ivey
09-13-2008, 12:50 PM
crazy glue your drive shafts on after you tighten the screws down,worked great for mine or go buy the aftermarket steel ones for 50$[cheers]

well if u do that the MIP steel shafts are $57.50 my brother broke his on his artr

Cankickr
12-19-2008, 09:00 AM
For anyone else in the future
Use stampede shafts with steel collars next to bullit proof and around $15.oo-$20.oo for both..I've never broke one in my comp rig...