PDA

View Full Version : not firing

CromeY
09-07-2008, 11:17 PM
so i got new plugs and wires cuz my jeep was running rough start it up still ruff pull the rear plug off nothing changes pull the next one nothing pull either of the 2 front ones spitters and almost stalls now im saying WTF cant figure it out plus when u pull the front wire off shocked the fuck outta me and no others ones did and the back two are fould and there brand new only ran for bout 30 mins and fowled any adivice or anything right now would be greatly appreciated please help

lornix
09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Did you change the cap and rotor too? If so is it oriented the same way the original was? I just went through this with mine. Started it one day and ran like shit .. knocking really bad, the whole bit.

I changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor and still was really bad ... to the point where I thought I may have spun the main bearing!

It was then that I noticed the cap was 90* different than the original in that the #1 pin was not where it should have been. I rotated the wires 90* from stock and it worked ... runs smooth now. Aftermarket cap ... go figger.

Anyway, the whole point is that if the cap and rotor have gone too, it won't run right no matter what you do. Be careful if you get a replacement though and make sure the pins are oriented the same.

Dunno if that helps or not.

CromeY
09-11-2008, 05:48 PM
anything will help ill try that this weekend tnx

Vastier
09-11-2008, 06:20 PM
A broken valve spring can have similar symptoms but I'd be checking what lornix said first. Sounds like an ignition problem.

CromeY
09-11-2008, 08:31 PM
yea might be the injector dumps alot of fuel so maybe to much not sure it runs but the back to get relly wet and dont really fire but they are fireing just not like it should so im still trying to figure this shit out by by the time im done ill be the damn chrokee guru if had 3 so far and im 18 lol

Happypants
09-18-2008, 06:00 PM
check to make sure the metal thing lol inside aren`t loose and yea some of the after market caps will fuck ya around, did the same thing when i put a new cap and rotor on, flipped it around and good to go,

CromeY
09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
but cant they only sit on the mounting thinger one way because of the screw holes?

CromeY
09-18-2008, 07:50 PM
and we belive its the timeing jumped a tooth cuz we took the timing shaft thing out moved it back where we thought it should be and ran way better started it the other day ran like shit so we think its prob the timing

MetalMan
09-18-2008, 09:41 PM
You sound like a pretty scary guy with a wrench. "Timing shaft thing"? Maybe you shouldn't be messing around with shit until you understand how it works.

CromeY
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
i kno how it works just had a brain fart forgot what it was called