PDA

View Full Version : Harrison to Pemberton Loop

Little Samurai
09-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Did the Harrison to Pemberton Loop in the Samurai (AKA the "Paint Mixer") yesterday. It took about 10.5 hours from home and back, I felt Like a bobble head in a paint mixer by the end of the day. I would definitely camp mid way the next time. Fucking beautiful day for it though.

nbrowser
09-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Damn.....can't wait to get my junk goin so I can do that loop....I started that road last weekend in my car, noly made it to 54 but had to turn around, got to nasty but I wanna see the rest of it, the pics are beauty.....

keegs
09-07-2008, 02:29 PM
nice pics, that run looks like fun

SHITTY
09-07-2008, 03:26 PM
nice pics and good weather.

Metal Mulisha
09-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Nice pics....i love that loop, especially when the weather is that good. I have done it in a day as well, such as exhausting day. It is much better to make it an overniter.
P.S. Shitty.....Maybe if you took your Lousy 4Runner out of the garage, you could experience the Beautiful Province of BC first hand, & see it through your own eyes.
go fuck yourself

SHITTY
09-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Nice pics....i love that loop, especially when the weather is that good. I have done it in a day as well, such as exhausting day. It is much better to make it an overniter.
P.S. Shitty.....Maybe if you took your Lousy 4Runner out of the garage, you could experience the Beautiful Province of BC first hand, & see it through your own eyes.
go fuck yourself
i am going to knife you next time is see you . asshole . go fuck yourself

Little Samurai
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
go fuck yourself
By the time I got to Pemberton I was done dude. Probably worth heading in to Sloquet Hot Springs to camp and have a soak.

Metal Mulisha
09-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Yes the hotsprings.....that woulda been a nice way to finish the day. A soak & a few Brews.

Taxidermy
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I interested in the church. Was it open? Did you go inside?

What about the two vehicles sitting outside the Church?

Looke like you had a cool off-road trip. Nice country!

sobe
09-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Sweet pictures man. Brings back memories. I don't mean to hyjack the thread but... :dontknow:

Taxi here's a bit about the church. [cheers]
It was built approx 1858. Along the Lilloot River one of the larger settlements is Saktin, the people there were so overcome by the pictures of the gothic cathedrals on the back of the blessing cards handed out by the Catholic Priests passing by, they decided to build their own cathedral.

It took them over 8 years to build it all out of wood, the stain glass came Europe. The Catholic Church blessed the church, but never held regular services in it at all, they came by once a year for mass weddings and baptisms. http://www3.telus.net/public/a3a01408/HOLY%20CROSS%20new%20photos/church%20view.jpg

http://www3.telus.net/public/a3a01408/hc8e.JPG

http://www3.telus.net/public/a3a01408/alter%20E.jpg

Taxidermy
09-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks! Cool stuff inside the church.

:eek:

Happypants
09-08-2008, 12:06 AM
nice pics, hey did you by chance see a red ford parked on the side of the trail??

Little Samurai
09-08-2008, 05:33 AM
I don't remember seeing a red Ford just a tan Chev with a flat. Left the Sasquatch Inn at 11:00am and was in Pemberton at around 7pm. Did you see a blue Samurai with a white hard top?

Little Samurai
09-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the info on the church Sobe. Hey Taxi I didn't have time to go inside the church, although after seeing the pics Sobe posted I wish I had. I actually drove past the community and then turned around to go back and take the pics since it just looked so cool and who knows, I may never be back through there again.

MuddyWheeler
09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
looks like a great trip. It's been awhile since I was up that way and ya the road is really bumpy.:D

Happypants
09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
I don't remember seeing a red Ford just a tan Chev with a flat. Left the Sasquatch Inn at 11:00am and was in Pemberton at around 7pm. Did you see a blue Samurai with a white hard top?

oh hell no i would never drive a ford, just wondering if it had been taken out, when we went a few weeks ago there was a f150 all the interior was stripped outta it and it was parked on the side of the road between harrison and lillooet, looks like someone came and got it

Fuzzydog
09-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Looks like a nice but long drive. I want to explore that area sometime. Are there other roads going off to more adventurous areas?

Shera
09-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Harrison lake is sure beautiful and love the pictures of inside the church , a real labour of love building that church

Little Samurai
09-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Looks like a nice but long drive. I want to explore that area sometime. Are there other roads going off to more adventurous areas?
There are lots of other roads branching off, some to adventurous areas and some are just more of the same. I need to go back out when I have a long weekend and do a little more exploring myself...I am still learning the area.

Rye Guy
09-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Been a long time since I been up that way. Seeing those pics got me dreamin of goin. Thanx

BrokenToy
09-09-2008, 03:48 AM
who are those team loaded weirdos? :dontknow: :D

dirka dave
09-09-2008, 11:24 AM
who are those team loaded weirdos? :dontknow: :D

I think they are really cool guys...http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/david_corry/Smilies/cool0019.gif

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/david_corry/Smilies/sign0005.gif

Metal Mulisha
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Post it up with a few days notice next time & maybe get a few trucks out.

Little Samurai
09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Post it up with a few days notice next time & maybe get a few trucks out.
I know, I know...it was a last minute trip :dontknow:but sounds like there would be some interest in a weekend trip with a few trucks and some[cheers]!!!!!!!

captain
09-10-2008, 03:03 AM
team loaded!! havent been up there in a while