PDA

View Full Version : Old wires

epic3
09-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Some people are just dumb
Last weekend while drivin down the fsr from 51 my ignition was cutting in and out No biggie i jumped the coil to the battery and proceeded on. Well today i figured its time to troubleshoot an low and behold Ifind an old wire in the ignition circuit not bein used no more just tied up in a knot and hangin off the firewall shorting out to my head freakin dumbass who did this at some point in time didnt even tape it up not even a dumbass merett (merrets baaaaad but better than nothin).
This wire melted all the way back to the switch coulda been bad real bad in the middle of nowhere.

So tape up your bare wires or you'll let the smoke out!! We all know once ya let the smoke out ya cant put it back in.

CromeY
09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
i hear yah bout bad wiring from people just baught my new jeep the guy had 7 pieces of wires spliced together to make one piece and he had the front lights tac stero and amp all in the same wire and thats not even the worst thing he did and didnt tape any exposed ends or anthing either

HEAVY METAL
09-06-2008, 08:00 PM
go fuck yourself Some people are just dumb
Last weekend while drivin down the fsr from 51 my ignition was cutting in and out No biggie i jumped the coil to the battery and proceeded on. Well today i figured its time to troubleshoot an low and behold Ifind an old wire in the ignition circuit not bein used no more just tied up in a knot and hangin off the firewall shorting out to my head freakin dumbass who did this at some point in time didnt even tape it up not even a dumbass merett (merrets baaaaad but better than nothin).
This wire melted all the way back to the switch coulda been bad real bad in the middle of nowhere.

So tape up your bare wires or you'll let the smoke out!! We all know once ya let the smoke out ya cant put it back in.

go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself

fuckd you phil fukinguy..

MetalMan
09-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Man, I know what you mean, I've had to rewire so much shit in vehicles I've bought and it's not like my standards are all that high...I just use crimp connectors, no solder. I don't get the whole speaker wire thing, seems like every hack job I find involves speaker wire. It also seems that crimp connectors must be a well kept secret since the wires are always twisted together and wrapped with electrical tape, man that drives me nuts. I've got a fresh problem now on my '85 Camaro, at some point somebody monkey'd around with the dome console and the map and dome lights didn't work. I pulled it down today and of course, there's speaker wire and a bunch of electrical tape. I find out that one wire wasn't even connected back to the right wire coming to it, I hooked it up and now the lights work...when the door is open...otherwise not. I'll have to figure that one out another day.

HEAVY METAL
09-06-2008, 09:44 PM
i still say fuck you phil fuck man fukinguy

kootenaycat
09-07-2008, 12:09 AM
That's my favourite kind of job, vehicle towed in for no start, burnt smell, find complete harness melted into one big mess! Then the fun starts when you tell the customer it's straight time from here on in! :D

dirka dave
09-07-2008, 12:11 AM
From a guy who installs stereos, you should know better.

CromeY
09-07-2008, 10:54 AM
no shit some poeple shouldnt fuck around when they dont kno what the fuck they are doing becuase it makes it a hassle for the rest also the fucking guy raped a wire around the fuse metal tab and jamed it in the fucking fuse box wtf is that shit use some common sense people

ROBO
09-07-2008, 01:35 PM
haha i can so relate!! when i redid my ram old elec system i found wires looping around up in the dash going no were... some of them were held together with actual band aids!! and have been there for a long time.. they were all crispy ... it pays too go through everything and make shure its done right.. nothin like a fire under the dash whille drivin too get your blood goin!!!

epic3
09-08-2008, 10:24 AM
i still say fuck you phil fuck man fukinguy

fuck you too you fuckin fucknut of fucker fuckheads

lizard
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
my chevy 2 was so bad I just gave up and spliced in a new rear harness that hadnt been fucked by 5 guys