PDA

View Full Version : v.i. car crash and

Ugly
09-06-2008, 04:11 PM
hey i need some info and some help and some stuff.
i got a V.I. last week, okay not a huge deal, but on monday the motor blew up and i dont think ill have enough time to come up with the cash for an engine swap, go threw a V.I. and fix everything that will be wrong with it, and the damage from the car crash.. is there anyway i can extend the 30 days i got to do it all in? other then that i need to know which motors will swap over to replace the 2.6L inline 4 cyl. thats in there now, what bout computers and wiriing harness, i dont have internet in my truck so forgive me if it takes a while to respond but any info helps. any number i can call to find out about time extentions on the V.I.?? i checked the ticket there was no number

epic3
09-06-2008, 04:15 PM
you got all the time in the world
It dont need to pass in 30 days you just got 30 days left to drive it then its illegal to do so until it passes and ya cant reinsure or transfer ownership till it passes

chevy69chevelle
09-06-2008, 04:30 PM
you got all the time in the world
It dont need to pass in 30 days you just got 30 days left to drive it then its illegal to do so until it passes and ya cant reinsure or transfer ownership till it passes

what he said. basically it's telling you you can continue driving it and if you pass it within the 30 days it won't affect anything. but after the 30 days it can't be driven untill it is passed. pretty sure you can still transfer ownership though, but don't hold me to that. i know a couple ppl that have bought vehicles with a vi on it. but i dunno

pumpkin
09-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Sounds like it would be more worth while to get a new truck.

theborges
09-07-2008, 12:09 PM
after the 30 days you will have to get it towed to the VI. once it passes then you can re insure

SquirreL-E
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
after the 30 days you will have to get it towed to the VI. once it passes then you can re insure

Thats the stupidest fucking law i have ever heard of, you can't even get a 1 day permit on it to drive it to the fucking inspection center, yes there are some bunk pieces of shit that shouldnt but, if you've fixed it, and its ready to go for inspection, you should be able to get a 1 day or an A-B permit at least, fucking stupid, i just drove mine... :dontknow:

Ugly
09-10-2008, 12:19 AM
hmm, well thats good to know, so now i just need a engine that will fit, a fender , and some new tires :dontknow:

09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Call me.

Ugly
09-10-2008, 10:34 PM
okay, ill have to call you after we finish watching horton see's whoores, or maybe tommorow after work,

shawn_ruley
09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
ICBC will give you a day permit to drive any heap to an inspection facility, regardless of a VI, or lackthereof

Josh_M
10-25-2008, 10:08 AM
ICBC will give you a day permit to drive any heap to an inspection facility, regardless of a VI, or lackthereof

yup, and heres where they get you, YOU ONLY GET ONE SHOT. They WILL give you a day permit, but theres only ONE. this is wat we had to do with our heep.