PDA

View Full Version : adjusting the cluctch

CromeY
09-05-2008, 04:32 PM
hey in my 88 cherokee how do u adjust the clutch mine sticks like a bitch wont fully disengage so got no power at all?

B
09-05-2008, 04:41 PM
replace it there is no ajustment on the hyd clutches in those ... note do not use a lordco dynapack clutch unless u want to do it again real soon

we only use the luc brand clutch's here now because of passed issues

[cheers]

B ...

crazylike
09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
hydrolic clutch must replace do both master and slave or your just asking for trouble later

radman
09-05-2008, 05:56 PM
[iagree] check the clutch fluid? sounds like it could be a hydraulic issue

nbrowser
09-05-2008, 06:12 PM
My buddy at work had a similar isue with his '92 YJ, turned out to be a blown clutch master cylinder.....leaked bad and finally packed it in.....just an idea.....

dirka dave
09-05-2008, 06:30 PM
If it realeases at the top of the pedal stroke, then its done,unless there is air in the hydrolic system...

A good test is to run it up a hill in a high gear and see if it slips, or on a hill apply the clutch and release it quickly and see if it slips.

CromeY
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM
yea the fluid is a lil low so hopefully thats it i gotta get it all put bk together after haveing to rewire the previous owners mess and ill havta try that dirka dave and if it hasta be replaced how much am i looking at? because if im gonna go threw all this work might as well do my in line 6 engine swap now instead so how much abouts are they?

HEAVY METAL
09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
whats a cluctch?????????

says the dyxlecic...or howeever the fucj ya spelkl it..

dirka dave
09-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Its that other weird pedal thingie...

nbrowser
09-06-2008, 08:01 PM
ChromeY, do a simple check first before ya go tearing the trans out....might save you a headache, go inside your Jeep with a flashlight and look under the dash, drivers side pay attention to the area around where the rod for the clutch master comes into the interior, peel the carpet back if you have to and look for fluid that smeels like brake fluid, if it's wet with that stuff there, I'd do the clutch master first but check first !

CromeY
09-07-2008, 09:56 AM
alright tnxs for all the advice guys jeep it coming if u got more