PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Ink

cronic 4x4
09-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Well I work offshore in the Gulf of Thailand on an Oil Rig 28 days on 28 days off rotating back to St.Johns NF. I got some new ink in Bangkok to seven hour sessions and still want a few more touch ups..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/chadkearsey/Tattooaug08009.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/chadkearsey/Tattooaug08008-1.jpg

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh191/chadkearsey/Tattooaug08010.jpg

HEAVY METAL
09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
whoa.. umm.. if ya like red x's than cool man.. nice work...

cronic 4x4
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
whoa.. umm.. if ya like red x's than cool man.. nice work...

Thanks man (red x's ? ) do you mean flames ??

bakelite
09-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Cool. [cheers] How about some more info about your job, what you do, what's it like, etc... [cheers]

cronic 4x4
09-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Cool. How about some more info about your job, what you do, what's it like, etc...

Well if you are interested here goes. I am a solids control engineer basically I run centrifuges used to condition drilling fluid (MUD) on an offshore drilling rig. Do i like my job? Yes, it sucks leaving home for a month at a time but I also only work 6 months of the year so thats the sweet part about it....its the greatest job in the world when your going home on days off LOL. Also getting one night in Bangkok going and coming from work is great, drinking piss in Bangkok is awesome what sights you see there unreal. The bad part is no [51] or[stoned] offshore, and for all the people that think Thai stick is good bull shit B.C hydro is the bomb [36] ......Thai stick is like smoking shake, it just dont cut it.......

bakelite
09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
pretty interesting, thanks. Dunno if I would like to be away for a whole month at a time but like ya say, only work half the year. Do you have to work long hours when you are there? They treat ya pretty good? [cheers]

Burndog
09-02-2008, 02:48 PM
duno if i'd get a tat done at the aids capitol of the world either. mind you, everywhere ya go now a days has a risk.
how much did that cost.
the job sounds cool. any pics of the rig?

cronic 4x4
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I work 12 hours shifts midnight to midday for 28 days... Aids ya got a better chance of catching that off one of the go go bar girls then a tattoo parlour let me guess you dont do go go girls either LOL It cost 400 canadian bucks no rig pics sorry

dirka dave
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Looks killer....
What do you do out on the Rig ?

cronic 4x4
09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE][Looks killer....
What do you do out on the Rig ?/QUOTE]

Solids control engineer

paul jr
09-02-2008, 05:01 PM
not trying to be ignorant...solids engineer ???makes me think pooo ???? oh wait ...rig.... shit never mind i hope...lol[cheers]

cronic 4x4
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
I was waiting for that no I dont drive a vac truck .......

paul jr
09-02-2008, 06:32 PM
sorry couldnt resist[cheers]

bcwheeler
09-02-2008, 08:11 PM
$400 ..................................you got what you paid for.....i dunno:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :vroam:

Moondog
09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
duno if i'd get a tat done at the aids capitol of the world either. mind you, everywhere ya go now a days has a risk.
how much did that cost.
the job sounds cool. any pics of the rig?

You ain't going to get aids from having a tattoo done. Aids is spread through body fluids and it can not live outside of the human body. About the only way that you might (and that is a very big might) get aids from tattooing is if you willingly let the artist tattoo yourself and a known aids patient at the same time that way yours and theirs body fluids would be mixed.

Was your work done by machine or bamboo?

bcwheeler
09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
WOW !!!!! buddy I dont know where you get your info on contraction and spreading of bloodborn pathogens , but I would'nt trust your life to it

All be it though you got a better chance getting aids in a hospital then you do in a tattoo parlour

Moondog
09-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't know what you mean? The Aids virus cannot sustain itself outside of the human body it dies in a matter of seconds. It thrives on bodily fluids mainly blood and semen and it needs these to survive without either it will die.
It is quite safe to give an aids paitent the kiss of life unless they have open soars or cuts around the mouth. Aids does not thrive very well in saliva and the chances of you contracting it through saliva contact are little to none. I get my info from my wife she deals with Aids paitents as well as cancer paitents and other terminal diseases on a regular (daily) basis in her role as a RN in hospice.
Most people are terrified of Aids as they do not understand it in reality the only way that you can catch it is through cross contamination with either blood or semen.

bcwheeler
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
hah ha hhah ahahhahahahaahahah yup ok

digger
09-02-2008, 09:36 PM
shoulda went to bcwheeler,hes the best tattooist in the world,and knows everything there is to know about it,

just ask him,nobodys as good as him[16]

Moondog
09-02-2008, 09:45 PM
hah ha hhah ahahhahahahaahahah yup ok

Whatever man you know better than a nurse with 28 years experience who specializes in this field.

cronic 4x4
09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
$400 ..................................you got what you paid for.....i dunno

The tattoo cost 400 canadian dollars in Bangkok and took 14 hours to complete..

It was done with a gun not Bamboo.

Ginger Snaps
09-03-2008, 12:17 AM
looks cool dude

bcwheeler
09-03-2008, 01:09 PM
ok here we go ... To the smart ass comments..Fuck You !!!
If there is anyone on here who thinks they know more about the tattoo and body piercing industry then step up !!! I am certified in a couple dozen different states and god knwos how many countries I have been through 100s of hours of pathogen courses, been in the industry for over 15 yrs, its not my fault people here that are getting tattoos or doing tattoos that are 10 yrs behind and totally ok with getting and doing shitty blown out biker tattoos .I dont give a flying shit who thinks what about my art or know how, Im more then confident in my abilities to perform and educate on or in my industry.. dont give me grief because I know what I am doing!!!!!!

as for the aids thing , there is a lot more to worry about then direct contact in the process of tattooing and cross contamination, such as the fact that people are talking( which I do believe casts saliva into the air at some 500 fps or so) directly over a huge open wound, there are many shade tree tattooist that reuse needles (and or pigments)while keeping them in a MOIST storage as so the exsisting pigments do not dry and tarnish or pitt the needles...there is many ways to catch aids, I was not doubting your wifes knowledge of the disease simply saying there is way more ways then you think to transfer aids to a person through this industry ..a clients own mistake or the artist actions...

take it how you will I dont care ,,im simply sayin,,,

and on the worth it part ...CHEAP TATTOOS ARE NOT GOOD AND GOOD TATTOOS ARE NOT CHEAP !!!! $400 for 14 hrs of work .... HE GOT WHAT HE PAID FOR !!!
If it was done properly and professionally by a proper tattooist it would have looked a lot better all be it costing a whole shit load more!!!!

cronic 4x4
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
take it how you will I dont care ,,im simply sayin,,,

and on the worth it part ...CHEAP TATTOOS ARE NOT GOOD AND GOOD TATTOOS ARE NOT CHEAP !!!! $400 for 14 hrs of work .... HE GOT WHAT HE PAID FOR !!!
If it was done properly and professionally by a proper tattooist it would have looked a lot better all be it costing a whole shit load more!!!!

Listen here fucker I never asked you to shoot down my tattoo a guy asked how much it cost and I told him.I got it done in Thailand not B.C so if you have ever traveled to Asia or any other no western world country not including Europe you will know that things are cheaper a beer for fuck sakes costs 1.50 canadian in a bar, also concernig Aids I went to this tattoo parlour and watched then do work several times before getting it done and made the mistake of going else were for the first 7 hour session then went to the original to get them to fix up the first so callled artists fuck ups. So ya its not bcwheeler perfect I agree, but hay not every one is a pacasso fucker go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself You call yourself a pro and you shoot down other artists work go fuck yourself

curlee
09-03-2008, 01:52 PM
nice weather we're having lately, don't ya think?

bcwheeler
09-03-2008, 02:06 PM
hahhaa there there buddy I wasnt knocking you or your idea,,simply the work I m not comparing it to my work two different animals to compare... good on ya for checking out your artist before you got work done!!!!Good on ya for saving 800 bucks, its a tattoo that you are happy with then awesome!!! Im sureit will be a good story or years to come about your life and travels thats what tattooing is about!!!! but I could give a fuck about what people think about others art or my art but if you are gonna post it up take the critisism !! and as for your fucker comment choose your words as if you were here buddy !!!! cause you dont know me !!! oh and to your professionalism comment .. Who would be more professional , the artist whos says wow what a great tattoo when knowing damn good and well they should be telling the person the truth about thier art , when it affects thier industry and thier living and the better well being of the person collecting the art!!!!)Or the one thats tells it how it is!!!Im sorry honesty not a good policy round here????
Look I am a professional tattoo artist and have put my heart and sole blood sweat and tears for over 15 yrs into making this industry the best and longest most appreciated form of art the world has ever seen , I will not stand idle and watch hackers ruin what I have worked so hard to help create.. For every bad tattoo that goes unspoken about that turns into 10000 people real fast who dont get tattooed because they have seen so many bad ones!!!

And if you cannot understand that then oh fucking well !!!!

and fuck me the weather is great!!!!

England
09-03-2008, 02:09 PM
i LIKE PAPER CLIPS

mista fitz
09-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Look I am a professional tattoo artist and have put my heart and sole blood sweat and tears for over 15 yrs into making this industry the best and longest most appreciated form of art the world has ever seen , I will not stand idle and watch hackers ruin what I have worked so hard to help create..

Working long in the industry doesn't automatically make you talented or skilled.

bcwheeler
09-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Working long in the industry doesn't automatically make you talented or skilled.

you are absolutly right about that !!!!

The fact that I am fucking good at what I do and take care and pride in my work does though .. My work speaks for itself!!! I don thave to justify that to anyone!!!

curlee
09-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I have two tattoos. I really like them and I'd like to get another. It's to bad that I'm at work or I'd post some pictures of them.
Tattoos are great, aren't they?

cronic 4x4
09-03-2008, 02:37 PM
hahhaa there there buddy I wasnt knocking you or your idea,,simply the work I m not comparing it to my work two different animals to compare... good on ya for checking out your artist before you got work done!!!!Good on ya for saving 800 bucks, its a tattoo that you are happy with then awesome!!! Im sureit will be a good story or years to come about your life and travels thats what tattooing is about!!!! but I could give a fuck about what people think about others art or my art but if you are gonna post it up take the critisism !! and as for your fucker comment choose your words as if you were here buddy !!!! cause you dont know me !!! oh and to your professionalism comment .. Who would be more professional , the artist whos says wow what a great tattoo when knowing damn good and well they should be telling the person the truth about thier art , when it affects thier industry and thier living and the better well being of the person collecting the art!!!!)Or the one thats tells it how it is!!!Im sorry honesty not a good policy round here????
Look I am a professional tattoo artist and have put my heart and sole blood sweat and tears for over 15 yrs into making this industry the best and longest most appreciated form of art the world has ever seen , I will not stand idle and watch hackers ruin what I have worked so hard to help create.. For every bad tattoo that goes unspoken about that turns into 10000 people real fast who dont get tattooed because they have seen so many bad ones!!!

And if you cannot understand that then oh fucking well !!!!

Point taken just a little jumpy today I guess and I will admit your work does speak for its self

There weather here in the gulf of Thailand is great for 330 am dark and 30c

surreysinner
09-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I think that tattoo looks fine. Lines are little off on the flames, but still looks cool.

CHEAP TATTOOS ARE NOT GOOD AND GOOD TATTOOS ARE NOT CHEAP

I pay a pretty good rate that is far less then an expensive shop and still get real good work.

bcwheeler
09-04-2008, 01:32 PM
ll tell you what for talking shit about your thai tattoo ...I ll buy you a beer if yoru still there in febuary.. Or maybe make you buy mbeers and Ill fix your tattoo :dontknow: :vroam: [cheers]

cronic 4x4
09-04-2008, 02:09 PM
tell you what for talking shit about your thai tattoo ...I ll buy you a beer if yoru still there in febuary.. Or maybe make you buy mbeers and Ill fix your tattoo

You heading over here on a holiday ? I rotate back and forth the St.Johns NF but I am planning to come out to Mission to visit my buddy next summer,I need to get out on a 4wheeling trip when I get there,my buddy lives pretty close to stave. I am looking forward to the trip have not been to the lower mainland since 1997,I bet alot has changed since I called east Vancouver home..

bcwheeler
09-04-2008, 03:30 PM
feb. 1st should be in thailand

curlee
09-04-2008, 03:35 PM
awwwwww... you guys are so cute!

:lovesick:

cronic 4x4
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I will arrive in Bangkok Thailand Sunday Feb 8th for another 28 day trip.

bcwheeler
09-06-2008, 01:12 PM
awwwwww... you guys are so cute!

:lovesick:

go fuck ur hat go fuck yourself

Spedley
09-07-2008, 02:58 AM

Now THAT is some fuckin funny shit right there....[36] [36] [36]

Jeep Victim
09-19-2008, 08:39 PM
OK so other than the monkey heads at the bottom ....what's all the red stuff?????:confused0006: :confused0006: :confused0006: If you are gonna fix that Mike ,bring a magic wand because I think that is beyond even your grasp!

bcwheeler
09-24-2008, 11:50 AM
nothing is beyond my grasp.... just takes more[stoned] [stoned] [stoned] [stoned] [stoned] [stoned] [stoned]