PDA

View Full Version : Headers

1tontoy
08-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Looking to stuff a set of headers into the truck. Problem is, I am not finding any that fit, and the restocking fee is killing me.

I have a 302 block in the truck, with the GT40 heads, meaning the plugs are angled. Regular headers will fit, but it means I would have to remove them to pull a plug, and on the trail, that would suck.

I know that there are outfits out there that build thier own, but damn, $500-$1000 is not in my budget. Does anyone know of an application that may work for me? Looking for a set of shorty's, angeled backwards along the block, so as not to interfere with the motormounts.

1tontoy
08-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the help guys, lol. BBK makes a set that should work with the GT40 heads.

Part #1515 chrome
#15150 polished ceramic

SHITTY
09-16-2008, 07:09 PM
i havn't looked at there web sites for awhile but how about northwest off-rad center or advanced adapters for custom heads. when i had my tune port 350 in my runner i had a set from advanced. just a thought.[cheers]

1tontoy
09-18-2008, 08:27 PM
i havn't looked at there web sites for awhile but how about northwest off-rad center or advanced adapters for custom heads. when i had my tune port 350 in my runner i had a set from advanced. just a thought.[cheers]

On the AA site, I didn't see anything yota specific. It was shorty headers for the BII swap, which could have very well worked, but, if they didn't, well, I'm stuck with another set of headers. I called Northwest, and the guy on the other end was a dick. The headers were 750 or so, if memory serves me right, and he acted as if they were the be all of end all. Well, I have a welder, and a credit card, and a custom set would be as easy to build. I just want something bolt in, cheap, and ready to go. The truck is gonna get abused, and when you are landing on rocks, replacement parts are going to get costly. But definfite;y a big thanks for the heads up, [cheers]

SHITTY
09-23-2008, 07:58 PM
hey know worries . wish i still had my aa headers i would've given them to yea for a case a beer . hope to see the thrashing soon haha

HEAVY METAL
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
i didnt know you could 5.4 gt40 heads on a 302....

what are the benefits?

HEAVY METAL
09-23-2008, 08:21 PM
and how much were the gt40 heads?

1tontoy
09-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Ford put the GT40 heads on quite a few engines. I think you might be getting the GT40 sports car designation and the head designation mixed up. I'm not a Ford guy, and my knowledge is fairly limited, but I manage to find this for your reading pleasure....

http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic23897.htm

Might shed some light on it.