PDA

View Full Version : My truck?? 07 Ranger, want to lift, and ??? advice?

Redneck Cowgirl
08-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Hey all...

Ok so I know I want to lift it, I was thinkin a 6" suspension, and putting her on 33" tires probly M/T.

I am not sure weather I should think about getting some tub bumpers, or a winch bumper on her..

It is a nice truck, but is just not the kind of truck that should be built to heavy wheeling, shes just not made for that...

I am thinkin of more just a really nice "camping" truck....

Where should I draw the line?

And I am having a hard time finding a lift? where would I find one...

Heres a pic of my baby girl...
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/cowgirlcountry/pos.jpg

I want to rino line the gray and behind the fender flares...

I know I can't paint her flat black, cause that would not hold up to anything.. But is that another paint option that would not show bush burn???

Cheers thanx guys[cheers]

redman
08-13-2008, 07:00 PM
hey cool pic

figure our your budget first and go from there

lift and 33s is a good start so is a detroit locker for the rear

MikeWild
08-13-2008, 07:09 PM
check out www.therangerstation.com (http://www.therangerstation.com) lots of good info there on RBV's

Redneck Cowgirl
08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
check out www.therangerstation.com (http://www.therangerstation.com) lots of good info there on RBV's

Thanx.. I am allready on there..[36]

ez_b
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
i seen an older version of that. stock hieght, agrresive tires, and air lockers front and rear. it made it up a pretty sick hill where a guy in a lifted jeep broke an axle and slid down the hill. lift isn't everything, its if you can plant all 4 wheels to the dirt. but what do i know, i have a dakota with a body lift, and now a new old man canopy :dontknow:

FU Toolbag
08-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Are you worried about warrenty? The cost of a lift for that truck would cost you more than an axle swap,and a swap would be way better for wheeling. I don't know if you have the tools/skills or know anyone who does, but I've had trucks come through my place with a little prep, arrive on a friday with ifs and drive home on monday sas. It's an option. Probably cheaper in the long run.

ez_b
08-13-2008, 09:33 PM
sheesh, wanna do my dakota then?

needamudpit
08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
the closest you can find to that is the 5" RCD lift. $$$$$$$$$ mucho deniro. It replaces the stock torsion bars with coilovers, so some welding is also required. The next step below would be the 4" Superlift, which is about $2300, not incl installation. It uses bigger drop brackets basically to raise the susp. With either of those setups you will need to upgrade your driveshaft, Superlift makes one for about $600 or you could just send yours off to a shop to get it done. I have an 07 sport, and I got a 2" lift, just by using a set of Belltech 6400 Chevy drop shackles, and cranking up the torsion bars up front.

needamudpit
08-13-2008, 09:50 PM
annd agreed with FU250... in the long run, sas is probably your best bet, especially if your looking for a 6".

Redneck Cowgirl
08-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Are you worried about warrenty? The cost of a lift for that truck would cost you more than an axle swap,and a swap would be way better for wheeling. I don't know if you have the tools/skills or know anyone who does, but I've had trucks come through my place with a little prep, arrive on a friday with ifs and drive home on monday sas. It's an option. Probably cheaper in the long run.

This truck no longer has warrenty, she was write off last may long:dontknow:
And cost does matter, but I was worried about a SAS cause the truck being so new with computer and all that shit, I thought that would be harder???:dontknow:

Tunabomber
08-14-2008, 05:04 PM
um tanya that truck shure looks nicer than the last time i saw it

HEAVY METAL
08-14-2008, 05:30 PM
burn it....

Ironman
08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
burn it....

no shit black ford trucks are for pole smokers

factor
08-14-2008, 05:36 PM
never mind the truck where the Boobies2pics?

FU Toolbag
08-14-2008, 06:17 PM
This truck no longer has warrenty, she was write off last may long:dontknow:
And cost does matter, but I was worried about a SAS cause the truck being so new with computer and all that shit, I thought that would be harder???:dontknow:

The only problem you would run into would be the speed sensors for the abs. I don't know if they feed the speedo from the trans or the axle. Basicly, the computer only controls the motor. After it get's the shafts moving, the computer doesn't care.

Steev
08-14-2008, 06:38 PM
There will be sensors on both sides of the "axle".

I would go with a small lift or leveling kit. Put on some 33s. Lock the rear end and put on a bumper and winch. Done..

Get a beater for the bush, lots of cheap fullsize trucks for sale these days. Why screw up a truck thats getting decent fuel economy and still looks good..

ez_b
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
never mind the truck where the Boobies2pics?

good call, lets see some jugs yo [36]

Bronco Boy
08-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey all...

Ok so I know I want to lift it, I was thinkin a 6" suspension, and putting her on 33" tires probly M/T.

It is a nice truck, but is just not the kind of truck that should be built to heavy wheeling, shes just not made for that...

I am thinkin of more just a really nice "camping" truck....

Where should I draw the line?
IF you only want a camping truck, don't go to crazy. 3-4" of lift would be fine.
My buddy had an '01, and did a 3" body lift and stuffed some 34's under it:

http://chrisb.users.superford.org/Bronco/Trip_Reports/2007/April_6-07_@_Harrison_East_28.JPG

http://chrisb.users.superford.org/Bronco/Trip_Reports/2007/April_6-07_@_Harrison_East_58.02.JPG

It did pretty good for what it was, but the rear LS needed to be upgraded.

ez_b
08-14-2008, 08:20 PM
too much truck pics, time for titty pics

factor
08-14-2008, 11:21 PM
do it!

epic3
08-14-2008, 11:57 PM
yup titty pics is in order but if your only after a campin rig no need for a big lift.just a leveling kit and 31 or 33's is all ya need and unless ya want it to see more ditch action do not put a detriot locker in it go selectable the roads where you are all winter are ice and a detroit will have ya sideways everywhere (without one you have problems). Do a winch and some lower body armour with the money you save on the lift. that will keep your baby lookin nice much longer

Redneck Cowgirl
08-16-2008, 08:18 PM
[cheers] shes allready on 31's, and i think your right, maybe I should just leave her where she is and have a project full size to trash:dontknow:

Rye Guy
08-23-2008, 07:57 PM
I agree w/ Steev level tires lock it keep your stock drive and steering angles
if you carry alot of weight camping then airbag it to keep the tires off the fenders. k.i.s.s. less chance to be broke and stuck and less money you'll have to feed to the beast.

Reeseman
08-23-2008, 08:03 PM
the speed sensor is ECM controled a lift kit should come with new ABS sensors. 4" is all you need.

Styx
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
sas it
use a d30 if your not going to beat it too hard
the VSS uses the rear speed sensor and the d30 (depending on year) has the front speed sensors for the ABS...
Here's my 99Ex (same suspention as yours) I ended up with about 9" + the 35's Rides sweet...

Total cost with tires and wheels under $3000... but i did alot of digging for parts and I did all the work...