PDA

View Full Version : Rubber hosing in Surrey area?

copeland
08-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I just threw a K&N fipk on my truck to alleviate some gas woes and put a little oompff in the pedal.

I had one problem...the 2001 Toyota 3.4l has a crankcase resonator tube...
which plugs into the resonator on the stock intake tube....instructions say to hole saw the K&N and slip the reonator in and assemble like so....

I don't want to do that, insteadI just want to get a hose to replace the stock hose and slip it on the nipple on the K&N intake tube and the crankcase...

I don't know the I.D./O.D. of the tube so I'm wondering what good rubber hose shops are in the surrey area...I'll just drive there, pull the hose and find one with the same i.d./o.d. and get it six inches longer...

lizard
08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Lordco?

MetalMan
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
You actually think an air filter is going to make a noticeable difference?

Newfie
08-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Installed a few in my buddies trucks and all you can tell is theres a loud moan from it under WOT.

dirka dave
08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
I put a k/n on my 3.4 L, I'll Try to put a picture of what I did.

I have the same bizarre noise at WOT also....
Mine sounds like a turbo winding up...
I did notice a differance in power.

MetalMan
08-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Most newer stock intake tubes incorporate some kind of noise damper. Aftermarket systems never have any sort of noise dampening, and thus are louder. It's the same thing as turning the air cleaner lid upside down on an old small block Chevy. Noise always affects the butt dyno. It's the most unreliable way to measure horsepower.

In any case, almost any parts store has reels of different size hose. Just go in with your old hose and they'll cut you a new one.

Josh_M
08-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Not super comparable, but performance wise my filter did fuck all. Im running a cone filter in my fender, removed turbo resonator and upgraded to 3" piping... its louder and you can hear the turbo spool more.

I got all the hosing i needed from maple ridge lordco, huge selection there as it is there "industrial" branch... Measure the nipple on the kn and get hose with that id ? maybe im missing something here it seems too simple...

copeland
08-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Not super comparable, but performance wise my filter did fuck all. Im running a cone filter in my fender, removed turbo resonator and upgraded to 3" piping... its louder and you can hear the turbo spool more.

I got all the hosing i needed from maple ridge lordco, huge selection there as it is there "industrial" branch... Measure the nipple on the kn and get hose with that id ? maybe im missing something here it seems too simple...

naw it's super simple...I just don't know surrey too well when I ran through the lordco on 72nd, didn't notice any hosing on the floor. Just thought maybe there was a specific distributor people went to.

As far as the intake goes...it's not an amazing power gain but there's enough to notice, and the gas savings was helpful on my TJ, I'm just running my first full tank of gas so we'll see just how much fuel consumption changes...

thanks guys.

500grhollowpoint
08-09-2008, 09:32 AM
the butt dyno.

Now that's funny.

Trooper
08-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Dont oiled k&n's foul sensors?

MetalMan
08-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Only if you over oil them. Don't put them in sopping and you won't have a problem. The point of the oil is to catch particulates, not get sucked into the engine, so if it's getting sucked out of the filter then you've got too much in it.

radman
08-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Dont oiled k&n's foul sensors?

i think only if they are over oiled

Josh_M
08-10-2008, 12:40 AM
naw it's super simple...I just don't know surrey too well when I ran through the lordco on 72nd, didn't notice any hosing on the floor. Just thought maybe there was a specific distributor people went to.

As far as the intake goes...it's not an amazing power gain but there's enough to notice, and the gas savings was helpful on my TJ, I'm just running my first full tank of gas so we'll see just how much fuel consumption changes...

thanks guys.

Yea, at lordco just ask someone at the counter. They keep just as much stuff behind the counter as they do in front of it