PDA

View Full Version : Way Around The Push Button 4x4

4x4boy
08-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Kind of a Mickey Mouse Idea I Heard From Another Site

the push button is a weak vaccum line system that is known for shitting the bed.

So, The vaccuum line attaches to a rubber diaphragm in the engine bay that when engaged pulls a mechanical cable to engage the front wheels. usually the vaccuum line goes to tits, but the rest is fine.

C-clamp + duct tape + diaphragm = working 4x4, with an engagement bypass.:D

worst case scenario it slips and you lose fwd.

kootenaycat
08-08-2008, 12:43 AM
When I hear about Push Button, I think "electric shift" transfercase. If you have that version, good luck with the "quick fix". If you have a lever on the floor, you may be able to bypass the front diff engagement with a fix like this, but as far as the T/C shift, good luck. I would never buy a 4x4 with the "push button 4x4" on the dash just for this reason.

dirka dave
08-08-2008, 01:01 AM
I have a push button on my dash, oh wait thats for my front ARB.....nevermind.

C.W.
08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
When i had my jimmy the vacumn lines iced up and caused me to lose 4wd, all i did was pull the cable at the diaphram and clamp it with vice grips to get me home. When the lines thawed out it worked fine after that.

4x4boy
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM
ya just something i read on nexopia. doesnt really apply to me since i have stick 4x4.

Caribourob
08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
My 02 Ranger had the switch on the dash. Kept blowing the main fuse under the hood when it would try shifting the transfer case at a stand still, so I put in a circuit breaker and it was fine afterward. One time I actually removed the electric actuator and manually turned the shaft to get home ...... worked good but then it popped out of gear. One more thing to f**k up on the trail. Someone needs to make a manual kit for these. Always worked when I didn't need it though.