PDA

View Full Version : rear shackles

SHITTY
07-29-2008, 04:48 PM
i have a problem with my rear shackles when i have a full oad of people my rear shackles flip and i loose my lift weird huh. all i have to do is hop out and lift the backend of the truck up and it raises back. I think my shackles arn't long enough. springs to short . i have been scratching my head or this one. is there a measurement to figure out the length of shackle i should be running .

Does anyone have a suggestion? or maybe a place that i can go that will not rip apart my bank book . if i know what the problem is i would fix it myself. i am hoping its needing just longer shackles.

thanks for taking the time to read this , maybe someone may be able to direct me in the right direction

dirka dave
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Your rear shackle angle is probably to angle...should be about 45 degrees...88486

SHITTY
07-29-2008, 06:45 PM
thanks for the info i
ll check the angle out i may have to get new longer shackles

Troy
07-29-2008, 06:57 PM
so your shackle flips up and binds?

this is what was happening to mine, to much angle and too big of an arc on the springs...

if thats what is happening to your truck, then you need to fab or move your shackle hanger towards the back of the truck to lessen the angle. for me i had new springs and they sagged a bunch making the angle more severe. you have new lift springs?

dirka dave
07-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Move the mount back or get longer shackles....

Troy
07-29-2008, 07:21 PM
then you need to fab or move your shackle hanger towards the back of the truck to lessen the angle. for me i had new springs and they sagged a bunch making the angle more severe. you have new lift springs?

Move the mount back or get longer shackles....

:dontknow:

SHITTY
07-29-2008, 07:21 PM
i'll try the suggestions out. my lift is a 6 inch skyjacker which i have had in it for many years now. i'll see wut angle they are at . what about revlover shackles?

B
07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
they suck .... nobdy runs em anymore kinda a fad thing like the fiberglass mono leaf if they were that good u would see them everyware

dirka dave
07-30-2008, 03:10 PM
:s30x: [iagree]

SHITTY
07-30-2008, 03:20 PM
alrighty no relovers thanks for the heads up. i will have to make some new shackles i think. oh well beers in the shop is not a terrible thing.