PDA

View Full Version : 350 Chev Motor Question

mudman
07-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Does it matter what year your block is on a 350 chev. I'm trying to convert my 89 blazer from propane to gas and was just looking for a gasket kit for intake ,headers,and carb, but the parts store want to know what year my block is to see if it will even fit(don't know if it is original motor or not). I got an offenhausen highrise intake and a holley 650 carb off a chev 350 that i want to put on it,but they say if it's not for the right year it won't fit. Are they on crack or is this right

mudman
07-28-2008, 04:02 PM
just gave all the info to the guys at NAPA, they got me covered[cheers]

Nutbar
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Most parts will fit from block to block but there are a few subtle variations, for the oil pans there is right side or left side dipsticks and there is 2 different thicknesses of front oil pan seals, but the biggest thing to run into is at 86 and prior is a 2 piece rear main seal 87 and later is a 1 piece oil seal which also changes the flywheel/flexplate between the years and also 87 and newer cylinder heads the 2 center intake manifold bolts changed angle you can still run earlier intakes on later heads or vice versa but it requires some grinding of the intake manifold.

mudman
07-28-2008, 04:51 PM
thanks nutbar, this is my first Chev so any info is good