PDA

View Full Version : 93 Explorer 3" Body Lift

kozak
07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
So I installed a body lift on my 93 Explorer. I ended up just ripping the fan shroud out, and had to torch off the two front mounts, as the bolts snapped.
After I was finished, I took her for a test drive. The steering is stiff and kind of binds in spots while turning. I used a steering shaft extension that came with it, but I guess the shaft is still out of whack ? Been thinking of making my own extension for it. Other then that, when I flexed it out on a pile of dirt, the fan rubs on the steel lines comming from the radiator, making an unpleasant sound. New bumpers in the works too.

First picture is before body lift.

MikeWild
07-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Those 'steel lines' are your tranny cooler lines, very important that you ensure they don't get damamged or you could wreck your tranny.

nbrowser
07-26-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm with MikeWild, literally they are soft enough to be well um relocated out of the way of the fan with some delicate bending, easy enough to do to get em clear

kozak
07-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I had them zap strapped down before I went for the test ride. Im thinking of just getting an electric fan to replace the current one.

theborges
07-27-2008, 10:25 AM
its the little things in a body life that can cause major probs down the road. good work and good luck

dirka dave
07-28-2008, 02:14 AM
its the little things in a body life that can cause major probs down the road. good work and good luck

Hell yeah.....
Every time I turn around something else needs to be modified....[16]