PDA

View Full Version : campin 'round BC last 2 weeks WARINING LOTS OF PICS

Trooper
07-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Here are a few from the last 2 weeks. Took the ferry over to the island and from port hardy took the ferry to prince rupert. Didnt take any pics it was misty and clowdy as hell. Drove all night from prince rupurt to vanderhoof. Then we went on through the parks from prince george. Diesel is only 139.4 in PG Filled up both tanks and all my jerry cans. The parks were really nice. Walked on the glacier . Then on to the paliser river. Amazing fishing. The rain followed us the whole trip. I had to stay in jasper park for 2 days Xraying the pipe line they are putting in.

The pics start in vanderhoof. From there we went to jasper national park through prince george. We camped right before the park for 2 nights at a clear cut. Those are pics 2 to 8.
Pics 9 - 35 are jasper and sourunding parks.

35-54 are taken on the kootney white river junction. Really good fishing all restricted waters put well worth the 15 doller lisence.

55-65 are taken on the white river pallister river junction.

66-67 are exploring around the backroad to banff

68-71 are around golden the lake is $@#* lake. Best fishing lake I have ever fished. 18"+ rainbows! lots of spawners tho lake was a little warm too so i released every thing. I hate mushy fish.

71-78 are the glacier national park.

79-81 are from the arrow lake ferry to nakusp and trout lake area.

81-92 are a lake about 45 mins from nakusp on a really bad road. Tons of dead fall and slides. awesome cabin and old tracks. Good fishing too..

93 is the hope slide.

94-95 is were we camped at near vanderhoof on the river.

MikeWild
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
awesome pictures! thanks for sharing them!

Trooper
07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
awesome pictures! thanks for sharing them!

I took close to 3000 pics. I have a shit load more. But to lazy to go through them. Still playing around with the camera. Its new to me allot are over exposed. Canon g9 is the best non slr camera ive ever used totalle worth the $458

UU
07-22-2008, 05:58 PM
They call it Beautiful British Columbia for a reason

Great pics, I camped here a few years ago.

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=87952&stc=1&d=1216773243

MikeWild
07-22-2008, 05:58 PM
I hear ya, I bought the missus a canon digital rebel xti and you have to be a frikking rocket scientist to figure it all out!

Trooper
07-22-2008, 06:01 PM
They call it Beautiful British Columbia for a reason

Great pics, I camped here a few years ago.

http://www.funinbc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=87952&stc=1&d=1216773243

You know the story of the cabin and the train tracks? It was REAL tough getting in allot of bad slides in the area.

lizard
07-22-2008, 06:02 PM
nice , some cool spots ,
where the hell is diesel cheaper then gas ? IraQ?
did u take a rhd landcruiser?

Trooper
07-22-2008, 06:06 PM
nice , some cool spots ,
where the hell is diesel cheaper then gas ? IraQ?
did u take a rhd landcruiser?

Prince goerge diesel is cheaper. Only at the shell and the mohawk coming into town from quesnel. I took the RHD cruiser. Its good on fuel and holds allot of junk. only squashed the right side rocker too. I caught the fender flair too. Passing is bit of a bitch. When poeple ask me why my truck is so dirty I just pretend to be a german who doesnt speak english[36]

gavman
07-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Fab pics

strokenit
07-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing, you got to love BC.

UU
07-22-2008, 06:44 PM
You know the story of the cabin and the train tracks?

:dontknow: nope ???

Trooper
07-22-2008, 06:51 PM
:dontknow: nope ???

Im trying to research I found the donkey way up top. Tons od old trails around the lake too. I havnt been able to find any mining claims in the area. All around the cabin is old growth too so it doesnt look like it was mined. The black bears are a little out of hand at that lake. But the fishing was AMAZING. I heard the cabin has been there since the 30's from a local coming out. This year is gonna be the last year and one can get in. They are not maintaning the roads at all and no more logging in the area.

Troy
07-22-2008, 06:53 PM
those are some killer pictures, looks like a wicked time

im jealous

nfc
07-22-2008, 09:13 PM
pictures are really good! where abouts were you?

Trooper
07-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Here are a couple more. These are a few of my favs from the trip. Im still going through all them. Were planing on doing the same trip this winter at least the drive though the parks

lizard
07-22-2008, 10:20 PM
buy a backup camera from costco for 70$ and mount it up front on Lt side , wire in a toggle switch to turn it on when needed

Trooper
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
The focal point on the back up cameras is so close. Its hard to see a car 600ms away. I toyed with it. I just ask my woman if I can pass. If im not 100% sure I wont.

We saw a HORRIBLE accident outside of golden this trip. Guy on a bike tried to pass a van on a solid line over a small crest. He didnt see the car in the oncoming lane she didnt see him. He clipped the front flew off his bike a good 200 meters rolling like a rag dog. We stopped to see if he was ok I swear his whole body was mush no pulse nothing, his passanger a young woman was in really rough shape. We tried out best to stabalize her and keep her comfortable. Took the ambulance 20 minutes to get there and medevac another 20. Was the worst thing I have ever experianced. Fucking assholes were honking at us for being in there way helping the girl and poeple taking pictures of it all. Those poeple deserve to get hit head on. High way was shut down for 5 hours and we had to go and give witness reports and get checked out at the hospital cause we had blood all over us. We did get a hotel room for free out of it. After that we were pretty bummed out. I'm still pretty upset about it. I will never pass with out being sure and I aint gonna rely on a camera to tell me if it is...

dirka dave
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Nice looking Toyaota !!!! :confused0006:

Awsome pictures ! :D

[cheers]

Shera
07-23-2008, 06:28 AM
Awesome pictures and yes bc is beautiful , what a bummer though with the accident same thing just happened outside Hedley last weekend with amotorhome and motorcycle ,people have to learn to be more careful and slow down and also it really bothers me when people complain if they are stuck for a few hours because of a bad accident , just chill out and realize that there is a reason for it and have some sympathy for the victims for it could have been you .

HEAVY METAL
07-23-2008, 07:11 AM
fukin eh.. awespome pics...

RebelAngelle
07-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Awesome pictures, looks like it was a great trip.

Totally shitty about witnessing the accident, I wouldn't be able to handle seeing that, let alone trying to be of use to help anyone. Good on you for being there and trying your best to help!

Trooper
07-23-2008, 11:05 AM
I got the story behind the tracks and cabin. It was the foremans cabin at a mining camp from 1908. The lake and area was mined untill 1930. During ww2 8000 japanese were forced to work in labour camps on the lake. The floating platform was used to tranport rail cars from one end of the lake to the other all by steel cable.

Truckstuff
07-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Excellent Pics.... Thanks for sharing. I did a trip similar to that in the late 80's. Would love to do it again.

Candiass
07-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Looks like a great time. We are doing a BC road trip starting Sept long weekend. Your pics made me more anxious about going. [cheers]

Rdnk_Wmn
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
wow amazing pictures!!

theborges
07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Awsome pics.

sparkes3
07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
thanx

LilChev4x4
07-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow! Amazings pics!! Thanks for sharing your adventure!! I love the eye to eye shot with the bug!! lol
We are soooo lucky to live in Beautiful B.C.!!! [cheers]

ez_b
07-23-2008, 07:07 PM
gorgeous pics, some great scenery

LilChev4x4
07-23-2008, 07:17 PM
The focal point on the back up cameras is so close. Its hard to see a car 600ms away. I toyed with it. I just ask my woman if I can pass. If im not 100% sure I wont.

We saw a HORRIBLE accident outside of golden this trip. Guy on a bike tried to pass a van on a solid line over a small crest. He didnt see the car in the oncoming lane she didnt see him. He clipped the front flew off his bike a good 200 meters rolling like a rag dog. We stopped to see if he was ok I swear his whole body was mush no pulse nothing, his passanger a young woman was in really rough shape. We tried out best to stabalize her and keep her comfortable. Took the ambulance 20 minutes to get there and medevac another 20. Was the worst thing I have ever experianced. Fucking assholes were honking at us for being in there way helping the girl and poeple taking pictures of it all. Those poeple deserve to get hit head on. High way was shut down for 5 hours and we had to go and give witness reports and get checked out at the hospital cause we had blood all over us. We did get a hotel room for free out of it. After that we were pretty bummed out. I'm still pretty upset about it. I will never pass with out being sure and I aint gonna rely on a camera to tell me if it is...
Sorry you saw such a horrific accident! Lucky for her there are good people like you! It's awesome you tried to help and comfort the girl! Good on you guys for stopping!! Lastnight's news said the girl passed away. :( Very sad.....

atoyot
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
just awesome pixx man!!!!!!!!!

makes u proud to be able to explore such a beautiful place....

Trooper
07-23-2008, 09:12 PM
just awesome pixx man!!!!!!!!!

makes u proud to be able to explore such a beautiful place....

I was smiling ear to ear taking those pics. I could not beleave I was actually looking at that. You gotta see it in person Im doing the same trip this winter. I cant wait. So proud to be born and raised in bc the best place in the world.....[36]