PDA

View Full Version : ZJ Cv insertion ???'s

bcwheeler
07-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Ok Ive got a new cv shaft here the old one is off, now putting the new one back in , I got it to go as far in as I think it should but it is not lining up doesnt seem like it is where it should be??? Its actually too far in as far as lining up the abs speed sensor where it was ?? any input ..

should there be a bit of the shaft sticking out of the axle tube? or should the boot fit snug into the tube?

HELP

Kinslayer
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Which side? is this a vac disco axle or a fulltime one?

the plastic ring should be tight against the axletube if that's what you are talkin aboot...

bcwheeler
07-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Um its full time, so use a flat bar or long screw driver to pry it up to slide further in?

Kinslayer
07-17-2008, 01:37 PM
when you turn it, does the driveshaft turn (or other wheel)? This would mean that the splines are engaged at least

bcwheeler
07-17-2008, 01:46 PM
it wont turn when its in where I have it I have to block it andlift whole truck i m only on the jack no stands so I dont know if the other tire is turning

Kinslayer
07-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh ok..well if it wont turn it's probably engaged then..

You should ask Nutbar, he's the fockin' man for this shit

Nutbar
07-17-2008, 06:30 PM
The unit bearing (wheel bearing assembly) is what decides how far in the axle shaft will fit. Once everything is bolted back together you will most likely be able to see some of the inner axle shaft sticking out from the axle tube. No you don't want the boot to be tight against anything it should be clamped to the axle shaft and not touching anything else.

bcwheeler
07-17-2008, 08:59 PM
thanks alot guys gotter done now for all the bushings in teh front end and I can go wheling