PDA

View Full Version : Chips

get stuck
07-13-2008, 07:19 PM
has anyone here heard anything about those cheap proformence chips off of ebay im just wondering how they work and if they are hard on the motor at all

this one i found the guy sells them outa kamloops is called white lightning here what they say about it...

The White Lightnin performance module will work with your vehicles computer (or in tech terms ECU). Providing a new signal to your ECU. The White Lightnin then adjusts your air/fuel and timing advance curves to your new performance settings. The white Lightnin performance module eliminates costly parts and installation of ECU components. (EPROM chips that require you to solder onto your main board OUCH!! ) and still safely and legally provides the same end results. The White Lightnin performance module eliminates the risk of damage to the engine or electrical system since the modified sensor signal will always remain within the manufacturerís recommended specifications. The White Lightnin performance module works in conjunction with your vehicles ECU and will not affect engine longevity or reliability. Installation is very simple. Step by step instructions are included. Installation will take no longer than 10 minutes. The White Lightnin performance module is the only module on the market that Automatically resets your ECU to factory settings when removed (Handy for warrantee purposes).

anyone have any nolage of them ? anyhelp would bve great [cheers]

get stuck
07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
...pic

longhorn
07-13-2008, 08:16 PM
What do you want to use it on?
Ive used a cheapo Ebay one on my 1 ton 7.3 worktruck.
It makes a diffrence for sure.

I have a more expensive Edge one in my other 7.3 and it really hauls ass.
But fot the price the cheap one gives ya something.

get stuck
07-13-2008, 08:54 PM
yeah my trucks just a gasser its a 1996 f150 with a 302

get stuck
07-13-2008, 08:55 PM
i think that one in the pics only like 40$ or something so i might give it a try

MetalMan
07-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Modules for gas engines do fuck all. Been there done that, with nightmare results, first one didn't work and the second one worked for almost a year then suddenly fried my computer. And I bought an expensive one from JET. There was only the slightest performance gain when it did work, hardly even noticeable. I'd get the computer reprogrammed before I ever fucked around with those shitty ass useless add-ons again.

get stuck
07-13-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah i read up on them more and seen they dont really give gas motors much power

dirka dave
07-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Fords have no power to start with...[16]

[cheers]

Josh_M
07-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Fords have no power to start with...[16]

[cheers]

says the guy with the toyota :dontknow:

get stuck
07-15-2008, 12:11 AM
says the guy with the toyota :dontknow:

hahahahaha:D

Josh_M
07-17-2008, 12:00 AM
did you end up buying one of these things or not ?

dirka dave
07-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I've pulled fords out the muck that have had all types of "chips" in them..

Trooper
07-26-2008, 01:27 PM
You sure its a chip and not a resistor you put on the MAFS?

Josh_M
07-27-2008, 12:06 AM
I've pulled fords out the muck that have had all types of "chips" in them..

Was chip block in it ? :dontknow: