PDA

View Full Version : 4WDABC West Harrison -- July 12

sdillen
07-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I really want to thank the group who were camped at Hale this weekend for your tremendous effort in cleaning up the place.....I know it was a disaster and everyone really appreciates your effort.

Here're a few pics from the 4WDABC maintenance run this weekend. Yeah, I know....where's the new shelter? That part is still moving forward at the blinding speed of Government (in)action!

http://gallery.hot4x4.ca/album749

dirka dave
07-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Nice pictures Steve !!

Good Job.

Tinker
07-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I saw you guys there. Nice work it was spotless![36]

J20
07-13-2008, 04:30 PM
nice werk as per usual steve................................[cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

gavman
07-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Great work Steve...[cheers]

WestCoastMoose
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
We were camping at Hale this past weekend. Had the boat, on the south side of the creek. Had no idea there was a cleanup going on, but did do our part and took some stuff out that was left there previous.
Kudos to all! [36]

theborges
07-14-2008, 11:08 PM
sweet. looks awsome

Troy
07-14-2008, 11:12 PM
dont know exaclty how the 4wdabc works but, do you guys look after certain sites that you and the government have made a deal with?

sdillen
07-15-2008, 10:33 AM
dont know exaclty how the 4wdabc works but, do you guys look after certain sites that you and the government have made a deal with?

That's exactly right. The 4WDABC has signed 'maintenance agreements' for a number of what used to be forestry campsites (at present, we hold agreements for Lodestone Lake, Hale Creek, Sunrise Lake, Francis Lake, Lookout Lake, Wilson Lake, and Kenyon Lake).

Any organization can enter into these agreements and an agreement holder has the responsibility of maintaining the site and the ability to charge a fee for the use of the site. This has happened for such sites as 20 Mile Bay, Weaver Lake, Grace Lake, Wolf Lake, etc.

The 4WDABC's objective in taking on rec-site agreements is to ensure that the sites remain open for free public access year 'round (the 4WDABC has no intent to start charging and relies on volunteer effort by all of us in the 4x4 community to keep the sites in reasonable shape).

Troy
07-15-2008, 05:46 PM
That's exactly right. The 4WDABC has signed 'maintenance agreements' for a number of what used to be forestry campsites (at present, we hold agreements for Lodestone Lake, Hale Creek, Sunrise Lake, Francis Lake, Lookout Lake, Wilson Lake, and Kenyon Lake).

Any organization can enter into these agreements and an agreement holder has the responsibility of maintaining the site and the ability to charge a fee for the use of the site. This has happened for such sites as 20 Mile Bay, Weaver Lake, Grace Lake, Wolf Lake, etc.

The 4WDABC's objective in taking on rec-site agreements is to ensure that the sites remain open for free public access year 'round (the 4WDABC has no intent to start charging and relies on volunteer effort by all of us in the 4x4 community to keep the sites in reasonable shape).

right on. makes sense. thats cool that you dont charge either, i was at grace lake and buddy came along asking for fees, i laughed and said no we're here for the day. you gotta wonder, does it not cost more in gas to drive all the way out there than the fees they actually collect from each site?

theborges
07-15-2008, 06:02 PM
very cool that the 4WDABC does that. Nice to see a group that cares more then the gread of money

Lieutenant Johnson
07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
4WSABC Rocks!!! No doubt thanks alot for keeping things free and clean ....the sign should read no garbage pickup , so all you f#$%%n losers that leave your s$%t pack it out!!!!!!! or there will be no where to camp!

Thanks again steve , will try to join on next cleanup

redman
07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
nice job guys, to bad people keep making it a mess on may lng it was spotless

lornix
07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Right on Steve! As usual, great effort. Hopefully those poser fags will stay off the benches with their trucks ... that's what rocks and stumps are for. [16]

Edit: Just to clarify, posing your truck does not make you a fag ... posing your truck on a picnic bench does.