PDA

View Full Version : how hard would it be to...

rmiller026
07-11-2008, 07:56 PM
how hard would it be to put an sas in my 81 f150 sticking with coils ? would the coil mout be the same spasing as on a solid axel ( using like a 79 f150) and if so would it not be swap the axel in make radius arms and get a drive shaft? or: would it be crossmember hacking ?

:dontknow:

BeerBaron666
07-11-2008, 08:10 PM
it's a pretty easy swap we did mine in a day, you have to make a track bar mount drill some hole for the radius arm brackets(if you can get the stock brackets and arms you laughing), i just swaped the yoke from the ttb onto the solid axle, the coils line up so your good there, get a brake line and you have to get a draglink made, we had to cut the crossmember just cause I only had 3-4" coils and moved the diff ahead slightly I think with a 6" coil you would be fine. I think thats about it. sounds pretty easy:D

Maelthra
07-11-2008, 09:57 PM
LOTS of info on fullsizebronco.com about putting solid axles under fords.

not really that hard, as Beer Baron said you can pretty much bolt a 78-79 front suspension in, unless you want to chop the engine crossmember you need to lift it 6" to clear the pumpkin. some people have run about 4-5 inch lifts and built a custom crossmember to fit.

rmiller026
07-12-2008, 06:32 AM
it's a pretty easy swap we did mine in a day, you have to make a track bar mount drill some hole for the radius arm brackets(if you can get the stock brackets and arms you laughing), i just swaped the yoke from the ttb onto the solid axle, the coils line up so your good there, get a brake line and you have to get a draglink made, we had to cut the crossmember just cause I only had 3-4" coils and moved the diff ahead slightly I think with a 6" coil you would be fine. I think thats about it. sounds pretty easy:D

yous should trade me that truck that you have for sale for a 4.3 vortec motor trany wiring harness tcase and such :dontknow: just sayin