PDA

View Full Version : North Shore Off Road

Honky
07-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Great prices! I have to replace a worn steering shaft and of course upgarding at the same time to the Borgeson Steering.

Called Gemini Jeeps and North Shore off road. North Shore came in at ½ the price

I have always had good dealings with that company![cheers]

Princess
07-03-2008, 01:19 PM
there is no such thing as good anything at Gemini

Papa Pete
07-03-2008, 01:19 PM

well they are good at rip-offs:dontknow:

Ironman
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM

its a good thing when you walk out the door before being raped at gemini

HEAVY METAL
07-03-2008, 01:22 PM
cj mike has always been good too me....yo

Princess
07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
pete, jay both valid points [15]

Ya Mike's a good guy

RebelAngelle
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
hmmm... too bad Sport Truck can't be as nic as thier sister/parent store....

getting a little ticked off about a leveling kit that was supposed to be in stock in 3 days about 8 1/2 weeks ago.

After 2 drop ins to the shop, still no part, I'm about ready to flip....

Oh and the best part was being told by the snotty saturday staff that they don't ever call people to let them know when thier parts are in or when they can be scheduled in for installation... that it is up to us to call... Nice customer service skills people...

barracuda
07-03-2008, 02:07 PM
what is the levelling kit for?

RebelAngelle
07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
The front end of my Ranger... to get rid of the stupid rake that it came from the factory with... and so I can put 31's on it :D

brothergrimms
07-03-2008, 02:14 PM
same campany their rip off people all the fucken time good campany kev go smoke some more they scam you then rip you off go fuck yourself go fuck yourself go fuck yourself i'll never buy from them again

dirka dave
07-03-2008, 03:14 PM
I have had a couple of "weird" dealings with NSOF/STU...
But they have also helped me out too.

Honky
07-03-2008, 03:14 PM
I have always had good dealings with them. CJMike knows his stuff and I find their prices always fair

Honky
07-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Grim if you ever give NSOR another try…talk to Mike (Bruces Brother) I bet ya you’d be happy

Jeepnut
07-03-2008, 03:19 PM
DONT YOU KNOW THE OWNER[wako]

Honky
07-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Glen is the owner. Good guy from my dealings with him. For the part that I am buying I didn’t go through the owner. I just talked to Mike and he gave me a more then fair deal. [cheers]

Tunabomber
07-03-2008, 03:26 PM
yup c j mike is the shit

i have always made at least two calls when im parts shopping
and he always gives me the better price

they did a full rebuild on my d44 with Detroit and gears for a quoted price that i was happy with.

but what made the deal even better was......

mike knew and had plans on wheeling with me on the wipsaw and knew i was short on budget for the build

he used his time and connections and even gas to shop around for the extra parts i needed

in the end on top of the full rebuild i got all 4 ball joints and the whole steering set up for almost the original quoted price.

next hot day I'm bringing them all slurpees

England
07-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I have no comment on why i think this thread is here ..... apart from the fact that North shore are rip off artists in my dealing and wouldnt touch em

England
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
didnt they also sell you the wrong springs over and over again ?

Princess
07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I have no comment on why i think this thread is here ..... apart from the fact that North shore are rip off artists in my dealing and wouldnt touch em

then why even say anything at all? :dontknow:

England
07-03-2008, 04:36 PM
cause i want to

Tunabomber
07-03-2008, 04:36 PM
didnt they also sell you the wrong springs over and over again ?

nope they are the ones who sold me the right ones

gemini is the ones who fucked me over and over with no lube

Moondog
07-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Yup I agree with Eric CJMike is the man. HE gives the best deals he is always alot cheaper than the competition.

RebelAngelle
07-03-2008, 04:51 PM
grrrr.... ok... after seeing this thread, it lit a fire under my ass to get this levelling kit, seeing as Dave is a giant procrastinator...

I call STU/NSOR, get put on hold, 10 minutes later I get picked up again, they will have to call me back.

I get a call about 5 min ago, the kit is discontinued, no one has any stock, and my choices are to shell out more money for a "comparable" kit or get my money back. No I'm sorry, or let's work this out...

Hell, they were even going to do the installation, so fuck, they should have shelled out the whole extra $78.00 and then they could have charged it back to me on the install, like I would have known any different...

But no, I get told these are your choices: buck up or fuck off.

Once again: really great customer service skills people...

CJ Mike is a great guy, (I wish Dawve had gone to him to try to get my birthday present) and I am sure he would have been able to please us in some way.

It's just very sad to see that not everyone in his organization is willing to go the extra little bit to try to make a customer happy.

Kinslayer
07-03-2008, 05:07 PM
grrrr.... ok... after seeing this thread, it lit a fire under my ass to get this levelling kit, seeing as Dave is a giant procrastinator...

I call STU/NSOR, get put on hold, 10 minutes later I get picked up again, they will have to call me back.

I get a call about 5 min ago, the kit is discontinued, no one has any stock, and my choices are to shell out more money for a "comparable" kit or get my money back. No I'm sorry, or let's work this out...

Hell, they were even going to do the installation, so fuck, they should have shelled out the whole extra $78.00 and then they could have charged it back to me on the install, like I would have known any different...

But no, I get told these are your choices: buck up or fuck off.

Once again: really great customer service skills people...

CJ Mike is a great guy, (I wish Dawve had gone to him to try to get my birthday present) and I am sure he would have been able to please us in some way.

It's just very sad to see that not everyone in his organization is willing to go the extra little bit to try to make a customer happy.

Don't pay in advance when ordering parts? I understand the whole procrastination thing though.

redman
07-03-2008, 05:15 PM
yup good shop [cheers]

Tunabomber
07-03-2008, 05:18 PM
hey rebel did tell you were fun in bc

and if ya have problems just talk to mike

DeeDee
07-03-2008, 05:38 PM

hot-flashes
07-03-2008, 05:53 PM
north shore off road is a total rip off, quote you one price,when you go to pick up your truck its twice as much,it would be nice if they called to get the okay before going ahead. never see a dime of my money again!! anyway why would i go there when the 4wd centre has better prices,and they don't treat you like your bothering them. My son's and I have several cars and trucks,we spend a great deal on money on them, wakeflield sperling,target,4wd centre, gemini jeeps.

Kinslayer
07-03-2008, 05:58 PM
but what made the deal even better was......

mike knew and had plans on wheeling with me on the wipsaw and knew i was short on budget for the build

he used his time and connections and even gas to shop around for the extra parts i needed

in the end on top of the full rebuild i got all 4 ball joints and the whole steering set up for almost the original quoted price.

next hot day I'm bringing them all slurpees

Yeah man, it's good to know the owner enough that you go wheeling with em - more personal service in that case, they wont sell ya shit you don't need or is wrong for your truck etc etc.. will give you good advice 'cause it could be their ass who is stuck out with you if something goes wrong.

Honky
07-03-2008, 06:13 PM
Mike is not the owner. He's just a really nice guy that knows his shit.

B
07-03-2008, 06:33 PM

yep cj mike is a great guy so is his brother bruce [cheers]

prop's to nsor doing a great job as allways [cheers]

Troy
07-03-2008, 07:09 PM

exactly,if mike didnt work there, then you probably wouldnt have so many nice things to say about NSOR. And they dont exaclty give everyone a good deal that walks in the front door. Mark up sometimes is over %100. With places like that its about who you know, not what you know. Just like Lordco etc etc

digger
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM
another childish post

barracuda
07-03-2008, 10:07 PM
This might tick a few folks off but I figure i have paid my dues and I have earned the right to speak my mind.

I just want to say that i sincerly hope that the recognition that Mike is getting for provideing great service is not meant to be a shot and anyone or anything else. Mike is a great Guy and he alone is the one that makes the transactions work at NSOR for actuall four wheelers.

For me I am proud to say that i am shopping at Jeep thrills for my current purchase on my brothers Suzuki and they are treating me well . The shop is as most of you know is currently run ( I think) by Bryson, Darryl and Mikey and I am proud to call them my friends as are most other folks on here and nothing is going to change that (I am like a rash:D ) .

Now this isnt to say that i am only going to shop at one place but i will shop where i am valued and where i get good value. At North shore that would be Mike, at Jeep Thrills it could be any one of the three stooges at Lordco it might be Lucas etc ...(you get the idea)

I am far beyond politics and playgrounds , lovers spats and Petty quarrels. I will not draw lines nor will I Take sides in any matter that does not concern me.
If someone does not like the fact that I will not be coherced into an unfavourable position then that is too bad .
Like it or not you will still have me as a friend , eventually what made you angry will pass and Bygones will be Bygones.

I may be weird and strange but i am not fairweather and i hope the folks here value my friendship as much as i value theirs even if i am a bit of an Enigma

anyways thats all for me for now, time to watch swing town :happy0045:

Tinker
07-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Its almost like advertising. Bought alot of parts latley and called everywhere to get the best price and NSOR wasn't it, on anything!

Troy
07-04-2008, 12:43 AM
another childish post

whos post?

epic3
07-04-2008, 01:09 AM
ya know when people call me for a price I tell em FULL PRICE! Come down, haggle, work with me and I'll work with youdont expect the best price handed to you over the phone or as a first time shopper.
These places have bills to pay expect markup hell sometimes my markup is over 100 percent. why the hell would any busness tie up thousands of there dollars in inventory to only make 100 bucks or better yet waste tons of time ordering in custom parts and not make any money.
I dont get why people feel so entitled to the best deal what do you as a whiny cheap ass offer in return other than low margin and lost money. the proprieters of these companies have mouths to feed rent to pay and kids to send to school too and ontop of that wages to pay benifits holidays ect ect ect.

Cheeky
07-04-2008, 01:23 AM
whos post?

Dont fuk with this 1 ya fuking GOOOOF!

Anyawy,Mike is killer,helped me couple times........Sport,have always tried to make a deal and for some reason,never got in or parts werent available orrrr.....some weard shit happened:dontknow:

I am really thinking this is also a dig at Thrills and that would be really shitty for a site that is never ever ever ever going to advertise again...

I am thinking bullshit thread:dontknow: which is really fukin gay,and if this post is gone tomm.It just's prov's my point[cheers]

OldEnuff
07-04-2008, 01:25 AM
Damn......... I'm agreeing with Phil

But he is right

You can "haggle" prices almost anywhere

even credit card interest rates and mortgages

but you will almost never get the best deal on your first call

Tunabomber
07-04-2008, 01:34 AM
call this post what ya want

i have seen thank you posts for all kinda of companies on this site
good thing so many people don't shit on them eh !!!

if that happened we could never network or thoughts and experiences

there are lovers and haters that's life unless its constant i wouldn't consider it advertising

my 2 cents but hey what the fuck do i know

Cheeky
07-04-2008, 01:40 AM
call this post what ya want

i have seen thank you posts for all kinda of companies on this site
good thing so many people don't shit on them eh !!!

if that happened we could never network or thoughts and experiences

there are lovers and haters that's life unless its constant i wouldn't consider it advertising

my 2 cents but hey what the fuck do i know

I pretty much said in my post they were the shit(If ya Got Mike),

And usually when ya end a post with "what the fuk do I know" ya shouldnt post it:dontknow:

HEAVY METAL
07-04-2008, 08:11 AM
like i said.. mikes a great guy.. but read my sig line....

Honky
07-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Fuck you guys…this is just a thank you for a good deal.

Grow up

Kinslayer
07-04-2008, 09:54 AM
All this thread tells me is "Don't go to NSOR unless you deal with one specific guy I don't know or you'll get fucked over and jerked around".

Reminds me of paintball stores, if you arn't blowing five grand and don't know everyone there they treat you like an uneducated goof. Badlands paintball being the exception - there is a guy who works there who will help you out and provide advice for your style of play or amount of games you play instead of just saying "Buy this Impulse because it's the best" or "Buy this Angel because it shoots 30BPS even though you play bushball once a month"

So next time I go into NSOR I'll be sure to say "I need to talk to Mike, because apparently the rest of you are a bunch of holier than thou douchebags"

Toyquad
07-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I got no problems with either jeap thrills or cjmike. both have helped me out.

Honky
07-04-2008, 10:07 AM
All I am saying about Jeep thrill is I am biting my tongue till I talk to the owner.

But again stop looking to reading between the lines. This is just a simple thank you.

England
07-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Ive got an itch I cant scratch ..... and its getting worse .....oh look a shiny penny

England
07-04-2008, 10:24 AM
did i say I like paper clips ???

redman
07-04-2008, 10:32 AM
did i say I like paper clips ???

you did now go buy a house and beat it :D

Jeepnut
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM
just beat it............[g]

FKN MRK
07-04-2008, 11:03 AM
[cheers] Well back when I did my lift on my YJ I didnt really know anyone at any of the off road shops. I had met a few peeps but at the time it wasnt anyone i knew as a friend. I called around and priced out my rubicon and my rims and tires. I mentioned who I was to the guys at the shops who I had met before and also mentioned FIBC. I had never met Mike, or the guy I ended up dealing with for my parts. I knew what I was looking for, and the prices I was quoted from other shops. In the end I bought my lift and tires from the shop that gave me the best price and service. I would have to say that the reason i got the deal i did was because I shopped around, knew what I wanted and let the people i was dealing with give me the best price they were willing to give with the knowledge that I was shoping around for the best deal.
If I was to do it again I would do it the same way. BUT I do have some friends in the buisness now, and I would start my search with them, and give them the chance to match or beat any price i could mannage to get from whomever was willing to give me the best deal.
I think who you know has ALOT to do with how you get treated, but in the end its more what you know, knowing what you want, and being patient enough to shop around a bit that gets you the best deal in the end.
[cheers]

:dontknow: my .02 cents

EIEIO
07-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Kev, didnt you have some huge dealing last year or 2 years ago with Mike and banned him from the site cause of some work on the yellow bucket or some shit like that? What service has he provided that has made you change your mind from your hatred towards the company? Obviously they did something outstanding, let us know! [cheers]

Moondog
07-04-2008, 11:08 AM
[iagree] well put Mark.

Moondog
07-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I was agreeing with Mark not Travis. I am pretty sure that it was the owner of NSOR and not Mike that Kev had the problem with as well Travis. So lets all stop the shit disturbing shall we?

Cheeky
07-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Fuck you guys…this is just a thank you for a good deal.

Grow up

And a beer:D [d]

EIEIO
07-04-2008, 12:01 PM
I was agreeing with Mark not Travis. I am pretty sure that it was the owner of NSOR and not Mike that Kev had the problem with as well Travis. So lets all stop the shit disturbing shall we?

Wasnt trying to stir shit, I just wanted to hear whats up. I never went to NSOR after I heard about the crappy dealings that he went through. Didnt want to have to deal with it myself and have that fawker tell me told ya so. Getting owned by Kev is not a good feeling. [15]

England
07-04-2008, 12:03 PM
oh so true

In The Zone
07-05-2008, 07:45 AM
:dontknow: dealt with JTC they always came through
NSOR never did shit for me.....

Mike is a great Guy
other than that
I do my own work and get my own Parts

will through a additional name in the ring

Big Country Customs