PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a vehicle in from the states

Josh_M
06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
So I cant find a toy i like here, found TONS i like in washington though [36] What does it take to bring a vehicle in ? Ive googled it, but its all in lawyer speak and confuses the hell out of me. Is it a big hastle or not ? Is it costly ? Thanks so much !

rooster
06-29-2008, 10:58 PM
gotta get er inspected at the border i believe they hold the truck there for 12 hours to do so, and then you gotta take it to canadian tire for your bc inspection, if what i was told is correct they are the only place that can do the bc inspections

longhorn
06-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Phone A+A Customs Brokers.
Ive used them a couple of times and they make the border invisible.
Its well worth hiring them.

Trouble
06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
All I can say is EXPENSIVE....

We brought our stationwagon and my truck up and I decided to not fully canadianize my truck but mom did to her wagon and she regretted it. Alot of adjustments to be made... like daytime running lights etc....

I think you have to pay taxes on it or something too... not too sure, but check that out too!

Good luck and remember to ask alot of Q's to where you re register the vehicle.

Josh_M
06-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Just looked at A+A, its going to add $600 BEFORE inspections... not worth it, thanks for the help

F150HULK
06-30-2008, 06:26 AM
Do more reserch dude! its way toooo easy.

http://www.auto-broker-magic.com/Canada_Import.html

The US customs inspected my truck for 30 seconds.
I called the RIV program after I got home and they faxed me the ok to get inspected the next day.

I saved 10g's plus.

LuckyBains
06-30-2008, 06:34 AM
I heard that Toyota and Honda don't sell to Canadians anymore? Used cars yes but new cars no.

ShortStack
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
transport canada website and i think ICBC websites both have information on Importing Vehicles.[cheers]

sobe
06-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Post up what you want to import from where or any questions you have and I'll ask my wife. She's a certified customs broker and works for a large transport company. She just did paperwork for a co-worker to bring in an Escalade.[cheers]

Trooper
06-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I heard that Toyota and Honda don't sell to Canadians anymore? Used cars yes but new cars no.

Thats bullshit they will sell to any one with money, They just have no warrenty in canada.

Its super easy to bring cars in from the states.

tazuki
07-01-2008, 07:32 AM
So frickin easy ! We bought our 2001 Suzuki Vitara from Idaho . Saved a shit load buying down there... This what was done ... Fax title to us border 72 hours before crossing , when crossing stop at us side take title in they look at it and match the one you faxed up stamp it and say have a nice day then go to Canada side pay some monies there go home ... call Canadian Tire and tell them your numbers and they will fax the Goverment to get premission to inspec , pay them monies and insure it and enjoy!!! Youll get Canadian sticker in the mail...[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]

bustamove
07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
tazuki. got it right.. i help bring up a sled we had to leave it down in the states for 3 days. but the storage place was cheap only like 20 bucks. cuz the guy didn't want to give you the registration without selling... ass... if your going down to sumas. i know a good cheap. very professional storage place if you run into trouble and can;t get your bike across.