PDA

View Full Version : Yo toy guys ... runner question

Josh_M
06-28-2008, 12:12 AM
In one of the older 4runners, like an 88, you can remove the top. Can you also take out the seat ? Reason being im wondering if i take off a the top, will the quad fit in the back with the seat out ? Quads like 3.5ft wide :dontknow:

Toyquad
06-28-2008, 09:36 AM
yes roof comes off.theres about 15-20 bolts to do it and at least 2 people are needed to lift it off and not break it.

yes the seat unbolts. you will have to remove the roll bar in the back though as well.

kamloopsyota
06-28-2008, 09:41 AM
you can take the roof off yourself if you remove the two nipples at the back and have abit of muscle.....also the third or second bolt from the rear on the drivers side is the tailgate window connector, need that one in to roll the window up and down

Josh_M
06-28-2008, 01:19 PM
How wides the back with the seat ? think a quad would fit ?

M0FuK1Dy
06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
.....also the third or second bolt from the rear on the drivers side is the tailgate window connector, need that one in to roll the window up and down

Be wary of that bolt, we took the top off the girl's runner for the first time. Surprisingly none of the bolts were rusted EXCEPT the bolt for the switch (go figure,) snapped that sucker off in a heart beat. Had to go in and re-wire the switch to a complete circuit permanently.

It works...[cheers]

kamloopsyota
06-29-2008, 05:07 PM
back seat also sits in the spot where the floor raises which could possibly be a problem. i think width wise you should be fine for a quad but the length maybe not..............but then again if you have the tailgate down theres an extra foot or two whatever it is...........or even switch it out to a truck tailgate so its less weight and no worries about broken glass

hoser
06-29-2008, 08:01 PM
ithink the back seats are welded to the frame:dontknow:

SHITTY
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
the back seats unbolt seperatly from the back part to the part where the ass lays. they also fold away. well in mine they do. measure between the roll bar. the quad may not fit through there, the bar may have to come out. be very carefull with the bolts they tend to rust into the body . (dam toyota's)

Metal Mulisha
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
We have had to CR250's in the back with the roof off & just the tailgate down. A bit tight but the roll bar kept the bikes from movin.

dirka dave
07-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Take the roll bar out and fold down the seats, you don't need to take them out.

tigar333
08-25-2008, 05:26 PM
i put my import camper in the back of my 4r