PDA

View Full Version : new toy

BCHunter
06-23-2008, 10:58 PM
well i retired my jeep after the cost of the repairs were going to be more than it was worth....so i bought a 2004 Dodge Ram 4x4 , 5.7L with a Hemi. it has 60,000km only

crazylike
06-23-2008, 11:41 PM
I'd say nice truck but theres no pics so instead ill say what a pig on gas.. good torque etc but likes to use gas.

bakelite
06-24-2008, 09:14 AM
One of the guys I work with has an 04 with the Hemi, he loves it. Nice trucks. [cheers]

barracuda
06-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Congrats Dan [cheers] got a friend with one and it is a real nice ride.

BCHunter
06-24-2008, 05:05 PM
its like driving a raised limo..lol. I'll post pics tonight

BCHunter
06-24-2008, 10:39 PM
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/DSC03287.JPG

BCHunter
06-24-2008, 11:00 PM
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/DSC03288.JPG

bforce
06-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Nice ride, Crank them T-Bars and get that nose in the air... Who cares about gas mileage when you have power?... but then I am biased though...

Kinslayer
06-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Nice ride, Crank them T-Bars and get that nose in the air... Who cares about gas mileage when you have power?... but then I am biased though...

So having power instantly makes you money to pay for the fuel? Shit why didn't I hear about that?

If you have power just for the sake of having power, well what really is the definition of power then? Why can't you have fuel economy AND power?

I bet a 400CC street bike would eat that truck in a race, and I guarantee it uses less fuel.. I would guess my swift GT would be pretty close in a race with that truck too.. However you can't haul shit with a swift or a streetbike. In that case, I bet a diesel would haul more, have more power AND be more fuel efficient..... but cost twice as much initially.

Happypants
06-25-2008, 05:11 PM
nice truck, but two words, leveling kit, my uncle has one its fast as hell, kinda scarey fast, but yea them hemi`s do love to drink gas,

bforce
06-25-2008, 10:09 PM
So having power instantly makes you money to pay for the fuel? Shit why didn't I hear about that?

If you have power just for the sake of having power, well what really is the definition of power then? Why can't you have fuel economy AND power?

I bet a 400CC street bike would eat that truck in a race, and I guarantee it uses less fuel.. I would guess my swift GT would be pretty close in a race with that truck too.. However you can't haul shit with a swift or a streetbike. In that case, I bet a diesel would haul more, have more power AND be more fuel efficient..... but cost twice as much initially.

And?

I have a 07 Hemi, im not worried one fuck about MPG right now, maybe if we hit $2.00/L then I might re-think it. People that buy a Hemi (or any other full size gaspot) usually know about the MPG issues and take that into consideration before they purchase it (at least I did...) Dont get all uppity and offended because I chose to take the less popular route (with todays prices)...

nice truck, but two words, leveling kit, my uncle has one its fast as hell, kinda scarey fast, but yea them hemi`s do love to drink gas,

I have kit ready to go in, on the 03-06s its best to crank the T-Bars, spacer can cause CV angle problems in them...

Happypants
06-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I have kit ready to go in, on the 03-06s its best to crank the T-Bars, spacer can cause CV angle problems in them...

auctually if you get a proper one they dont, i just got one put in my duramax, it retains the proper cv geometry, cranking the t-bars, causes your control/a-arms to push down causing the lift in the truck but you then have NO FLEX in them, (like they have any in the first place), and then cause the cv shafts to be on a bad angle causing them to explode if you run bigger tires as well,

bforce
06-26-2008, 09:12 AM
auctually if you get a proper one they dont, i just got one put in my duramax, it retains the proper cv geometry, cranking the t-bars, causes your control/a-arms to push down causing the lift in the truck but you then have NO FLEX in them, (like they have any in the first place), and then cause the cv shafts to be on a bad angle causing them to explode if you run bigger tires as well,

From what I have read and heard on the rams, that a coil spacer of 2" or under is about max on the newer 06 ups. earlier ones dont do as well with them from what some people have said. Dunno the reasoning, seems that even a 2" spacer is causing all sorts of front end 4x4 shudder.

Happypants
06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
hmmmm weird,

bforce
06-26-2008, 08:01 PM
hmmmm weird,

It is, add that some can run a 2.5" spacer with no problems, and some implode their CVs with a smaller kit...

g-rod
06-27-2008, 06:10 PM
i have a 6 inch skyjacker kit in my 02 dodge 1500 and it breaks cv axles

bezzz
10-05-2008, 10:24 PM
HEMI = POWER,good onya