PDA

View Full Version : XJ clutch troubles

Smurf131
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
ok so here's the problem my clutch pedal doesn't disengage the clutch until it's almost on the floor, if i pump the pedal about 20-30 times it gets better. but after using it after pumping it it goes right back to square one. I've replaced the master cylinder under the hood and i bled the lines and still got the same problem. the fluid that came out was pretty dirty and full of little black pieces but i bled it till it came out all clean. there's no leaks anywhere i can see and i'm never low of fluid.
what else would cause this problem?
i had the same thing happen in my honda but it was all good after i replaced the clutch master cylinder.

Nutbar
06-17-2008, 07:06 PM
You will probably need to change the master and slave again if the fluid was that contaminated, Jay, it probably ruined the seals on the new master and the slave will still have more shit in it even though the fluid coming out is reasonably clean, the bleeder is on the top of the slave all the sediment will be sitting on the bottom, also the slave probably isn't in very good shape if the fluid was that contaminated.

Also the line can leak air into the system without actually leaking fluid out if the leak area is small enough, air molecules are much smaller than brake fluid molecules.

Smurf131
06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
ya that's what i was afraid of, is the slave cylinder gonna b a dealership item because it's a (don't know how to spell the name of the tranny) sounds like poo-joe? lol

Kinslayer
06-17-2008, 11:41 PM
peugeot or some shit.. but 'poojoe' is more fitting

Nutbar
06-17-2008, 11:54 PM
No the slave you can get through lordco to, the same slave "will" fit from 87 to 93 just the fittings change on the end of the steal line outside the bellhousing. 87 to 90 will be a direct fit for yours.

Smurf131
06-18-2008, 08:06 AM
awsome thanks a lot mikey