PDA

View Full Version : Front Locker pole

Tunabomber
06-03-2008, 12:55 AM
what in your opinion is better for a front locker when you already have a detroit rear :dontknow:

Tha_Stepside
06-03-2008, 05:34 AM
it all depends on how often you turn your front tires lol, a locker would limit your turning ability in 4WD. A true trac can also be fooled into being a locker by pressing on the brake under power.

BeerBaron666
06-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Don't fuck around put a detroit in it and be done a LS can only be fooled so much and won't work when you need it to. Go with the detroit or some sort of selectable locker and you will be happy you did. Your just throwing your money away with a LS if you really want to wheel it[cheers]

Tunabomber
06-03-2008, 07:09 AM
Don't fuck around put a detroit in it and be done a LS can only be fooled so much and won't work when you need it to. Go with the detroit or some sort of selectable locker and you will be happy you did. Your just throwing your money away with a LS if you really want to wheel it[cheers]

that was and pretty much is the plan

but i would be a fool if i didnt at east look into the posibility

detroit works no questions asked[36]

England
06-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Stupid poll .........silly question ...smelly Tuna ...

HEAVY METAL
06-03-2008, 07:33 AM
detriot ...yo

redman
06-03-2008, 07:45 AM
where is the poll for an ARB?

Tunabomber
06-03-2008, 07:57 AM
where is the poll for an ARB?

i dont wanna be that guy who says "is it working is it working how bout now and now"

that and to much money

dickrick
06-03-2008, 08:18 AM
How about an ox locker I found one for $900 shipped a while back:dontknow: Just sayin cause it would be nice to engage and disengage as needed.

dirka dave
06-03-2008, 08:45 AM
This is a great question, everybody knows that a selectable locker for the front and/or rear is the best...
For the rear easy, detroit or whatever as for the front thats another story.
This is mostly aimed at minitrucks (Jeeps Toyotas what ever, not the Deaner mobiles).
I have an ARB, if I was to change that I would go detroit and I'll explain...
A detroit is (remeber light trucks) for the most part open, off road even.
The same goes for the detroit in the front, detroits only lock when there is a loss of traction in one side, they dont just stay lock up for the hell of it.
If you have the ability to run in 2lo (RWD) and leave your front hubs locked then you will be able to steer when on dry rock.
Weight is also a factor, the lighter the truck, the less agressive the lockup.
Just my 2cents...:D

Ahh fulk, just weld it....[36]

[cheers]

Tunabomber
06-03-2008, 08:54 AM
This is a great question, everybody knows that a selectable locker for the front and/or rear is the best...
For the rear easy, detroit or whatever as for the front thats another story.
This is mostly aimed at minitrucks (Jeeps Toyotas what ever, not the Deaner mobiles).
I have an ARB, if I was to change that I would go detroit and I'll explain...
A detroit is (remeber light trucks) for the most part open, off road even.
The same goes for the detroit in the front, detroits only lock when there is a loss of traction in one side, they dont just stay lock up for the hell of it.
If you have the ability to run in 2lo (RWD) and leave your front hubs locked then you will be able to steer when on dry rock.
Weight is also a factor, the lighter the truck, the less agressive the lockup.
Just my 2cents...:D

Ahh fulk, just weld it....[36]

[cheers]

haha deaner mobile :happy0045:

wish i had done selectable rear for city driveing but when it comes down to it i dont daily drive the jeep anymore

UU
06-03-2008, 08:56 AM
I run a true trak, so far so good so why spend more for a detroit ?

Honky
06-03-2008, 09:07 AM
i dont wanna be that guy who says "is it working is it working how bout now and now"

that and to much money

I’ve been that guy…. ARB’s motto should be …We will let you down when you need it the most.

They are great when they work….Go Detroit …No sense doing something half ass

dirka dave
06-03-2008, 09:11 AM
I’ve been that guy…. ARB’s motto should be …We will let you down when you need it the most.

They are great when they work….Go Detroit …No sense doing something half ass

I have had my ARB for 8 years with no problem, but only in the front.
Detroits are for the most part bulletproof.

brothergrimms
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
theres only 3 lockers i would use 1 detroit 2 ox locker 3 spool dont waste your time with the rest they shit [16]

barracuda
06-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I have had a detroit in the front as well as a tru trac and i say the detroit is a better choice. once you get used to the quirks of the detroits there is really no issues as to driveability.

bakelite
06-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I do lots of highway to get down there, no more rear detroit for me, going ARB in the rear but Detroit in the front. I actually like the welded rear better than the Detroit, at least I know what it is going to do....most of the time. :eek: I'm going with the 2WLO option too so the Detroit in the front should be okay and with the ARB unlocked I can drive on icy roads and go around corners without soiling myself. And if the ARB fails for some reason I still got the front locker. Wanna buy a brand new still in the box Aussie locker?:D

.....so I voted Detroit [cheers]

brothergrimms
06-03-2008, 01:36 PM
joe dont buy a arb their junk........ go with a ox locker way better all round locker joe and their not cookie cutter made

BOVINE
06-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Do you need a front locker
How big are the curbs at Wendys?

swamp rat
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
detroits break to easy

Tunabomber
06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Do you need a front locker
How big are the curbs at Wendys?

that hurts man :(

Tunabomber
06-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks guys

you just confirmed it for me

stick with what ya know works [36]

[cheers]

Melvin
06-03-2008, 07:29 PM
i Have ox's front and rear in mine. I would buy them again. Theyre awesome [36]

bakelite
06-03-2008, 10:23 PM
joe dont buy a arb their junk........ go with a ox locker way better all round locker joe and their not cookie cutter made

already got one, it's for my Jeep :dontknow:

TWOZEROFOUR
06-03-2008, 10:57 PM
what the hell is a Lockerpoll? :dontknow:

B
06-03-2008, 11:04 PM

they have redesigned the arb and they don't have the seal issues they had in the past but if i was in deep stuff bogging on it all the time i would not run one as long as the fluid is clean and u route your air supply well they are a very good locker ... imo anyways [cheers]

dirka dave
06-03-2008, 11:06 PM
:s30x: [iagree] [36]

barracuda
06-03-2008, 11:11 PM
until the air compressor or solinoids pack it in when you are stuck in snow with no tire chains that fit so yo have to make them outa rope and your winch on the front doesnt work either:p

Cheeky
06-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm not even going to vote---you know what is the better route,you are asking $$$$$ wise shit,ya spent enough $$$ on that heep,just do it right[cheers]

dirka dave
06-03-2008, 11:22 PM
until the air compressor or solinoids pack it in when you are stuck in snow with no tire chains that fit so yo have to make them outa rope and your winch on the front doesnt work either:p

Sounds like you hada bad day....:o

Jack
06-04-2008, 12:43 AM
I supose I could ask Lordco or NSOR how much a locker is. But since your chattin about them anyways whats one cost. Is it something that youve gotta save for a long time for or??...

Tunabomber
06-04-2008, 06:59 AM
I supose I could ask Lordco or NSOR how much a locker is. But since your chattin about them anyways whats one cost. Is it something that youve gotta save for a long time for or??...

aprox 5-6 hund [cheers]

youngun
06-04-2008, 08:10 AM
weldered with hydro.....