PDA

View Full Version : Dual Case Support

1tontoy
05-26-2008, 01:28 AM
I'm running a C6/203/205 setup. I have the stock mounting foot on the adapter between the tcase and tranny. I want to add a second one at the rear of the setup.

Ideally, I'd like to weld a foot to the bottom of the 205, then fab a crossmember to bolt to it. However, the case is cast, and I haven't heard of anyone being able to weld it with any degree of success.

Anybody have a solution?

Kinslayer
05-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Fab up a crossmember that bolts to the back of the case, on the round access plate on the back.

brothergrimms
05-26-2008, 10:49 AM
is their bolt holes on the side of the 205 if not you can tap the case on the side if you look at a 208 0r the later 205s were you can tap for the holes ford had a side mount for the 205s too [cheers]

m j
05-27-2008, 06:05 AM
NWF and others sell a mouting foot that is sandwiched between the 205 and what ever is in front of it.
no need for 2 mounts but one as far back as possible is better

1tontoy
06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
This is a NWF doubler. On the plate that bolts to the 203 range box, there are two holes drilled into the "bottom", if you leave it upright. I have clocked this 90*, so those holes are useless. And, since there is a large excess of material around the unit, I am going to trim it all off, eliminating those holes altogether.

This unit is eating up a ton of time. I haven't had anything dealing with it go smooth from the time I ordered it until now. It won't clock flat, and I can't even clock it to its maximum because the breather line interferes with one of the studs coupling the 205 to the kit. 4 of of those said studs were the wrong ones, having a different thread pitch. The gasket for the 205 was for a 27 spline input unit, therefore not fitting the larger 32 spline unit. The instructions on the net don't correspond to the kit I have, which is fine. I'm a guy, and would have tossed them out anyways. I have hardware left over that doesn't belong with the kit.

Basically, with the amount of abuse the truck is going to see, I don't want to have the 205 snap the clocking ring in half 10 feet from the finish line in some competition. I'd rather have the 205 supported at the rear of the case, eliminating any chance of failure.

I think what I am going to do is drill and tap the rear of the 205 in four spots, and bolt a mounting foot directly to the case. Then attach it to the crossmember the same way as the tranny is. When i get that far, I'll post some pics.

429orangepeel
06-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Did you buy the NWF tripple stick shifter kit or fab your own?

1tontoy
06-13-2008, 06:40 PM
After taking the range box in and having it drilled and tapped as it should have been before I got it, I managed to get the entire unit to clock almost perfectly flat.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p87/1tontoy/Image031.jpg

I installed it, again, took some measurements, and had a guy weld me up a little foot that spans the entire bottom of the 205. It looks pretty good under the belly. It does sit somewhat below the framerails, but the tranny pan hangs lower than the cases do.

As for the shifters, I ordered the triple stick cable shifters. I'm missing pieces, and have no instructions for it, but looking at a couple of pics on Kyle's site, I can see how some of it goes together.

Since I'm here, is anyone else running the TSCS's? If so, can you post a pic so I know whether I got this right or not?

Thanks in advance.