PDA

View Full Version : hydrolic assisted pump

fullsizebronco
05-25-2008, 10:04 PM
How do you get this? Is it a pump you can order off the internet? Or is it just tap and di your own? Also napa carries a heavy duty pump and lordco does not is that worth the extra money? So I was wondering how does this work my brother and I both have broncos 78 and 79 both with a 400 ci. but because of our tires we need new pumps and would rather do it right the first time [36] thanx!

crimsen
05-25-2008, 10:10 PM
pumps don't need anything for hydro assist as long as they can supply the proper amounts of fluid at the right pressure.

to convert to hydro assist you will need to drill and tap your steering box, one in the correct place for high pressure and one for low. this then runs to the hydro ram on the axle.

the specifics for the fords i know nothing about. pirate would probly be the best place to look for those.

boyzen
05-26-2008, 08:26 PM
actuaally when you tap the steering box one needs to go in the front face and one beside the worm adjuster both are high pressure one is for left turn one is for right turn, but steering is slower than stock with just the ram assist.