PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME !

Josh_M
05-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Alllrighty, We have a new slave cylinder with the clutch. When we pop the bleeder screw fluid DOES come out with the pedal down. THERE IS NO PRESSURE at the clutch pedal, were running out of ideas. tryed it with the old slave, still no pressure ! Clutch fork is on correctly and there is pressure from it that we should feel in the pedal. Any ideas ? Weve tried bleeding the slave with apparantly no luck.. seems like the hydraulix are working... thanks [36][36][36]

Nutbar
05-24-2008, 06:21 PM
What year and what engine in your Jeep??????

early XJs had a rearward facing external slave on them that you had to lift the REAR of the truck a minimum of 3 ft off the ground in order to tilt the air towards the bleeder on the slave.

the early and late model external slave models were also bad for the throw out fork to crack allowing the fork to bend and not release the clutch

Josh_M
05-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Nutbar its an 86.... 2.5L. It does have the rearward facing external slave. Trucks got the front end in the air in my drive way :S

radman
05-24-2008, 09:04 PM
so if you hold the pedal down and then open the bleader it has no pressure at the bleader? have you tried pumping it, or leting it blead on its own. is the slave moving in and out.

jeepboy
05-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Possibly lose pressure from the master?

Josh_M
05-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Alright heres the scoop now. We where bleedin the fuckin thing for like an hour and we DO have pressure now... but not much. The clutch is about 65% of what it could be and would be barely driveable. There has to be air trapped somewhere, anyone have ideas ? Fluid does come out the bleeder, but the clutch has reached a point where we bleed it and the feel doesnt change. Weve tried tapping the pedal when bleeding, holding it to the floor and cracking the bleeder, putting a tube on the bleeder into fluid and pumping and tapping. It seems like we've tried every combination of a hose on the bleeder or just cracking the bleeder (no hose) and the clutch WONT get any better.

anyone have ideas ? Thanks for the fast replys i appreciate it

B
05-25-2008, 12:08 AM
early XJs had a rearward facing external slave on them that you had to lift the REAR of the truck a minimum of 3 ft off the ground in order to tilt the air towards the bleeder on the slave.

and what did i tell ya about dynapak shit [32] ...

rockrawler
05-25-2008, 12:23 AM

Hey B i thought we just had that chat.......today:confused0006:

Josh_M
05-25-2008, 12:28 AM

Guess thats wat we're gonna try tomorrow [36] I dont mind changin the clutch really.. I didnt really know they where shitty. If i have to change it in a year or something then whatever, its 2 days of my time and i'll know better :D It had a luk in it before

rockrawler
05-25-2008, 12:34 AM
I see you'll be an expert on clutches.....:confused0006: Ya have to get it right the first time. It saves cash for those other mods

Nutbar
05-25-2008, 02:29 AM
Nutbar its an 86.... 2.5L. It does have the rearward facing external slave. Trucks got the front end in the air in my drive way :S

Do NOT lift the front lift the REAR of the truck at least 3 ft off of the ground the rearward facing slaves tilt up away from the bleeder when sitting on level ground so all the air gets trapped at the front of the slave, away from the bleeder at the back again lift the REAR end of the truck up and while lifted bleed the slave like you normally would.

Oh and yeah the dyna pak clutches are junk

Nutbar
05-25-2008, 02:29 AM
What year and what engine in your Jeep??????

the early and late model external slave models were also bad for the throw out fork to crack allowing the fork to bend and not release the clutch

Josh_M
05-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Do NOT lift the front lift the REAR of the truck at least 3 ft off of the ground the rearward facing slaves tilt up away from the bleeder when sitting on level ground so all the air gets trapped at the front of the slave, away from the bleeder at the back again lift the REAR end of the truck up and while lifted bleed the slave like you normally would.

Oh and yeah the dyna pak clutches are junk

Haha yea i know, I said the fronts in the air right now because thats problably whats making it such a bitch to bleed. Ill button up the xmember and then try to lift up the back. Its really hard to get in there with the exhaust on so i might keep it off for bleeding. thanks for the help lets hope this works[36]

Ironman
05-25-2008, 07:40 AM
hey mikey do you lift the front or the rear 3 ft off the ground?

bakelite
05-25-2008, 08:08 AM
maybe both ends? :dontknow: :confused0006:

Josh_M
05-25-2008, 11:17 PM
never had a chance to try this yet... i was out all day, maybe tomorrow

Josh_M
05-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Well I found out the problem. The clutch fork has to be spun 180*.... I really hope i dont have to drop the tranny to do this. Tried to compensate with a longer pushrod, and it is driveable, but it grabs too early and this is something that i bet will bite me in the ass down the road. Looks like tomorrow inspection plate, starter are coming off and lets hope this thang will get spun !! I did drive it tonight.. sounds fuckin sick with no exhaust, that was the only good thing that happened tonight = (

On the other hand i found a cool way to bleed clutches/brakes. My neighbor is a mechanic at the ford dealer and told us that you just fill the resovoir and crack the bleed screw so that the fluid just barely drips out, come back in 10 minutes, tighten the bleeder and bam, clutch is good.

Kinslayer
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM
self bleed, yeah. Another way is to get a one man bleeder from princess for two bucks ..fill it up, stick it on, open the screw and pump your clutch about five times.

Josh_M
05-26-2008, 10:29 PM
I bought one of those mofos like 2 years ago for my MTB (just wanted the squeeze bottle).. gotta dig it up one day when i need to re bleed

Kinslayer
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
You can make one with a small pop bottle and a peice of tube too..

Josh_M
05-27-2008, 10:56 PM
shes done !