PDA

View Full Version : snorkeling a quadrabog!

godtool
05-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Anyone have pics of a snorkel on a quadrejet 4 barrel, say on a 1981 Jimmy or Blazer? My cuz put his thru the glove box but then I would not want to be sitting in the passenger seat.[36]

fullsizebronco
05-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Ya it seems a lot of people do that and I find it very loud and can get more than annoying the last one I seen at postill was a piece of pvc pipe siliconed onto the carb with almost dryer hose looking shit but it looked a little stronger with a filter on that

Kinslayer
05-24-2008, 11:09 AM
With devices like TBI's or Carbs you want to have the filter(resistance) as close as possible to the intake..that's why they ALL sit right on top.

godtool
05-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I have this air cleaner hose I picked up at the wreckers. It has an oval end to fit on my stock aircleaner pipe (that pipe on the side of the stock air cleaner). The other end is round, about 2-3 inches. I figure attach this to a pvc snorkel. The other day at some mud bogs I took the stock plastic pipe off my air cleaner which goes to that fitting in the grill. I had 4" wide tape sealing the plastic pipe onto my air cleaner. I never took the tape off and later in the day I popped my hood and the tape had sucked in to the end of the air cleaner only letting enough air in to pass through a 1" diameter hole AND the truck had run fine for that time. So I figured a 2-3" pipe on my snorkel would be sufficient for a day of bogging.

That reminds me, when I picked up this 400 sb v8 in 2004, the air cleaner pipe was tappered down to less than 2". I know better air flow is better, so how small of a pipe can you go, say with my weak 305?