PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee Fishing - Wood Lake - May 18

Taxidermy
05-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Today on Sunday I go to Wood Lake to go Kokanee Fishing with Grandpa. We go early in the morning. Try fly fishing. Not good. Try different hooks. First I catch a big squaw fish. Ugly. Awful fish. Then I change by lures. Get lots of bites. Hook lots of Kokanee. Hard to get in boat. Keep jumping off. Kokanee fight a lot which is fun. I get two in the boat. But lose a few. Grandpa not get any of his in the boat. It was really windy again. Water was very rough. Grannie is cooking Kokanee now.

spanky
05-18-2008, 07:10 PM
nice day out for ya wish I could get out fishing again

westcoaster
05-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Looks like a great time!

You and your Grandpa sure do lots of great things together.

Gaybait
05-18-2008, 07:15 PM
that looks like a great day taxi! And your Pathfinder is looking awesome!

keep up the pix taxi

RIFF RAFF
05-18-2008, 07:43 PM
when i was a kid i used to fish with my grandpa all the time on okanagan lake for kokanee but there are none left there now. it was cool because we had a cabin on the lake and every morning all the guys went fishing and when they got back my sister and i would be on the dock and yell at them and ask them how many fish they got and there buckets would always be full. we would troll for them.

does your grannie fry the kokanee in flour like my grandma used too?

Taxidermy
05-18-2008, 07:57 PM
when i was a kid i used to fish with my grandpa all the time on okanagan lake for kokanee but there are none left there now. it was cool because we had a cabin on the lake and every morning all the guys went fishing and when they got back my sister and i would be on the dock and yell at them and ask them how many fish they got and there buckets would always be full. we would troll for them.

does your grannie fry the kokanee in flour like my grandma used too?

What a nice story about you and your Granpa fishing. My grannie cooks the Kokanee with slice onion, sliced lemons and mayo wrapped in tin foil. bake. Flour and curry is another way for perch.

caveman
05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
nice fish taxi, thanks for the pics

El Camino
05-19-2008, 08:33 AM
My grannie cooks the Kokanee with slice onion, sliced lemons and mayo wrapped in tin foil. bake. Flour and curry is another way for perch.

Yummy. I like the slice onion and butter with lemon and lots of pepper in foil on the BBQ. My moth is watering.

gnu_42
05-19-2008, 09:36 AM
hey taxi nice pictures...what hook did you catch you kokanee on?

Taxidermy
05-19-2008, 09:40 AM
hey taxi nice pictures...what hook did you catch you kokanee on?

We did best with a Gibbs Wedding Band and a spring. Caught a few with a Red Devil, but they got off easy.

dirka dave
05-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Looks like you two had a perfect day out on the lake. :)

Its nice to read your stories and to look at your pictures, keep them comming.

[cheers]

keegs
05-19-2008, 12:38 PM
geez u werent kidding about it being windy on the lake, nice pics taxi, keep em comming