PDA

View Full Version : Now its stalling...

godtool
05-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Went to some mud bogs on Bates Rd, up in Forest Grove yesterday. Did 3 runs then dropped into a hole sucking water into the engine but it started up after sitting for a bit. It ran ok for an hour or so as I pulled a few people out. Some times it sounds like its running on 4 cylinders but that problem is gone now. Now it just stalls when I come to a full stop. After breaky I'm going to pull the dist cap off and see how wet that is. Any other ideas?? Hope to go back and pull some more roosters. I'm running my tsl's at 10 psi and man oh man I love that detroit locker!!

godtool
05-18-2008, 08:17 AM
I think I'll check my vacuum lines 1st!

Kinslayer
05-18-2008, 11:29 AM
check plug wires as well, distributor as you said..

remember to pull your plugs and crank it after you drown your motor.

godtool
05-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Turned out I had water in my float bowl. Ran goodf after that. Went back Sunday for a bit more mud but stayed out of the deep water![36] People wre tken lots of pics of my truck and others. Put my sling shot strap to use when the winch did not work. I hd a guy in a newer jeep cherokee pull me out with the strap and I was buried to the frame in mud! Here are pics when we got home last night.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/godtool/Weedy_Jimmy.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/godtool/Tyson_Jimmy.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/godtool/Corey_Jimmy.jpg

bakelite
05-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Is this some kind of local get together or something? A regular thing or an event?:dontknow:

Growly Gorilla
05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
I think it's just a local redneck get together Joe.

godtool
05-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Its been happening every May long weekend for years. People camp there, party etc. Its on private land so the owner keeps tabs on it. There was rigs trailered in. Lots of mid-size trucks on f\s frames with v8's and mud tires. No events are lined up and no entry fee. I stopped at the owners place, he said just drive up Bates Rd till you cross the bridge, then turn left, then go get stuck. Everyone helps each other. I pulled out several trucks. Next year I'll have a snorkel and a water flap behind my fan!

Definetly a red neck event. One truck had an old chevy 60's cab, with a rear rockwell axle, a front dana 44 with enclosed knuckles. He was running 4:56 gears and big terra tires. Those v tread type. He had headers up-side-down and sticking out of the front of the hood. He had done a really good job of fabbing the hood around the header collecters. The owners name was "Cole". Names of some of the guys there that were really helpful was Arnie McMillan with his chev truck and "bountiful chevy parts" at his home near by... a guy named Gary with an ol' Blazer full of tools, and a guy named Larry.

I pulled a ladies new dodge 1500 4x4 out of the mud with my sling shot strap when no one wanted to try. She had posted a $100 bill all day to anyone that would pull her out. I got her dodge out with 2 pulls and she insisted I take the $100. I gave her my number if she changed her mind and wants the $100 back!! I must say I had the best recovery gear there but a guy named Joe had a tow truck winch mounted on the rear frame of his ford but the pto shaft broke later on in the day. Gary had a good tow rope but I saw a tiny chain on the dodge I pulled out. Crazy!

Hopefully I'll run into that guy Larry. He was taking lots of pics with his digital camera. He is my neighbor but lives off somewhere in the bush where I don't know!! But I'll stop him on the rd one day soon.

So plan for next year guys and gals! Definetly lots of muck but lots of water too.[36] [36]