PDA

View Full Version : SO many issues...help!!

fudmucker
05-07-2008, 07:28 AM
ok so i took my truck muddin....broke some shit...blew the fan off the housing and punctured a whole in my rad. so i baught a rad off a guy who was selling it on castanet, it didnt have as many holes for hoses as my other one so i still used it putting the hoses i could on then grinded the side off of the old rad for the metal hoses that aparetnly hold my oil n just needed something to keep it circulating so i was told..THEN my bf hooked up the hoses wrong to the rad...had the truck running and then tranny fluid was going through the plastic case for the engine coolant...redid the hoses again..then tranny fluid was bursting out like crazy out of the rad cuz we left the cap off to see if he fucked up again...and he did...so then redid the hoses once more eveythign seemed fine..and now this morning went to drive it and the truck doesnt go in reverse, put it in drive and it just revs and dont wanan move much...so did i blow the tranny cuz water got in there?

HEAVY METAL
05-07-2008, 07:36 AM
put mote traanny fluid in..

HEAVY METAL
05-07-2008, 07:37 AM
ur b/f is a dumbass....

fudmucker
05-07-2008, 10:39 AM
well my buddy said im guan have to drain it all then put more fluid in, fuckin "backyard mechanics"

Explorer guy418
05-07-2008, 10:44 AM
well if u have tranny fluid in the rad... ur fucked. ...kinda..and is there enough tranny fluid in the tranny?

Kinslayer
05-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Wow... yeah..drain everything, hook it up right, re-fill everything.

If you have the wrong rad don't rig some bullshit together, just use it and get an external tranny cooler.

Growly Gorilla
05-08-2008, 07:37 AM
If you get coolant in your tranny it's fucked,the coolant will fuck the friction material up on the clutches.

I agree your BF IS a dumb ass.

fudmucker
05-08-2008, 10:26 AM
great haha well guess well see what happens i got so many ppl tellin me different shit i got some guys commin over tomorrow to look at it

Explorer guy418
05-08-2008, 10:27 AM
buy a FORD.

Rdnk_Wmn
05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
buy a FORD.
[16] [16] [16] don`t do it, its a trick:eek:

Explorer guy418
05-08-2008, 10:31 AM
haha lovin ur SIG rdnk_wmn

Rdnk_Wmn
05-08-2008, 10:34 AM
haha lovin ur SIG rdnk_wmn
Thanks dear, [cheers]

Kinslayer
05-08-2008, 10:53 AM
buy a FORD.

Yeah, buy a ford..then you wont be surprised or confused when shit breaks

SHORTBOXCHEVY
05-08-2008, 04:36 PM
im prety sure its jsut low on trany fluid cuz most auto tranys wont move unless its near its designated fluid level, u might as well pull of the pan change the filter n fill er back up

fudmucker
05-08-2008, 05:42 PM
yeah thats what im thinkn im fillin it up tomororw so ill keep ya guys posted

HELLSHIGHBOY
05-17-2008, 03:10 PM
buy a FORD.

I AGREE!!!![36]

epic3
05-17-2008, 05:14 PM
completeley flush the tranny ASAP!!

All fluids need to be flushed from it or your tranny WILL get fuckered ya also need to flush your engine to get all the tranny fluid outta it and then get the right rad.
A Ford wont fix any of your problems if you continue to let you BF fix your junk

C.W.
05-17-2008, 05:28 PM
If your rad doesnt have a tranny cooler in it just buy an external cooler or the right rad and flush your cooling system asap.
As for your tranny drain the fluid and make sure there is no coolant in there, then change the filter if it all looks ok and refill and see if it works. If your truck had an engine oil cooler in the other side of the rad as well you can also use an external cooler for that as well.
Dont let anyone butcher your chevy or you may as well put ford emblems on it. :D

I own one of each and the ford has been a headache from the beginning.

epic3
05-17-2008, 05:40 PM
the torque converter will have coolant in it to just draining the tranny and putting a new filter in will not help it needs to be flushed to prevent further damage.
but yes an external cooler could solve your not right parts issue best advice take it to a shop to fix these fuckups

HILLBILLY
05-17-2008, 05:58 PM
buy a FORD.
[cheers] :s30x: [cheers]

Lego Racer
05-17-2008, 09:43 PM
completeley flush the tranny ASAP!!

All fluids need to be flushed from it or your tranny WILL get fuckered ya also need to flush your engine to get all the tranny fluid outta it and then get the right rad.
A Ford wont fix any of your problems if you continue to let you BF fix your junk

X2!!! Don't even bother driving it....

fudmucker
05-18-2008, 01:23 AM
well all we did was flush out the coolant res and the strawberry milshake i had going on in the rad then put in some tranny fluid runs fine but still guna flush everything to prevent anything fucking up again

yummysweet350
05-18-2008, 01:56 AM
maybe u shouldnt let your bf work on your truck .:eek:

Growly Gorilla
05-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Start saving for a new trans.:dontknow:

barracuda
05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
it really all depends on what hoses were hooked up wrong , if the rad was simply pumping fluid into the coolant but was not takeing in water then the tranny could very well be fine and it has only lost one of its nine lives. If water was being taken into the tranny then some serious damage can and or could have happened and your tranny should be watched closely , its on borrowed time .

fudmucker
05-22-2008, 08:16 PM
well all hoses were hooked up wrong a couple times had some friends look at it and doesnt seem to have any water in the tranny its been runnin kinda iffy so im just guna flush em all out n hope for the best in the long run, but im def not takin my truck boggin anymore so we picked up a project truck n build that up