PDA

View Full Version : I got me a ford too !

Lost_in_BC
04-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Well after years of having tiny trucks - (Samurai's out the ying-yang)[36]
I finally scored me a full size truck. '87 F250HD 4x4 with a 6.9 Diesel...

WooHoo ! this thing has me smiling from ear to ear... we've hauled a ton of crap today... so much easier than multiple trips with a Sam and a tiny trailer!

I'll be going through the other posts in here now... I'm hoping to lift it a little bit, and get some 35's under it... then a canopy... and a trailer for the Sam...
YeeHaw ! Suzi will be a trailer queen !

radman
04-19-2008, 07:29 PM
how much $ did you score that for, not much rust

Chody
04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
ge4t rid of those gay rims lol had those on too many of my trucks, crappy tire and 55 bux a rim for black crawlers...

Lost_in_BC
04-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Got the truck for $ 2000, I'd been looking on Kijiji for ages, had wanted a Dodge with the cummins, but I'm cheap, and all the good ones were too much.

It's been around, has almost 260,000 kms on it, but for the last few years it has just been working (unplated) on a farm...

It does have a few spots of rust.... but for a truck in Ontario that's over 20 years old, it's pretty darn good.

One step closer to hauling a Samurai back to Lillooet for some wheeling !

What is Diesel going for out there ? we are at about $1.25 a litre in Southern Ontario.

Legend
04-19-2008, 11:41 PM
nice truck

fullsizebronco
04-21-2008, 02:29 PM
its at 1.30$ in kelowna

Dirty Girls
04-21-2008, 02:31 PM
ewww. Ive always wanted a diesel truck. I like it!!! Nice score!

dirka dave
04-21-2008, 03:32 PM
6.9 diesel...... hope the injector pump is good.

Looks like a good solid truck.. !!

Trooper
04-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Diesel is 136.9 here in vancouver. Heating fuel is costing 79C a liter and biodiesel costs 55cents when you get 1000l's. Diesel should cost more then gasoline it has more btu's. In europe its been about 25% more then gasoline for ever. Good thing with diesel there are always cheaper non taxed options....

Lost_in_BC
04-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Wow... $ 1.369... we aren't that far off... it spiked a few more pennies here today.

Kelly is starting to hate it when I'm out of town with my 5 ton International Service truck... Dual tanks and now over $ 350.00 for a fill up...

I really miss the Dodge Ram I had for a service truck when I was working in BC...

Lost_in_BC
04-21-2008, 09:18 PM
- Dirka Dave.... yup hopefully the pump is still in good shape. previous owner had just installed a new Rad, Alt, and electric lift pump...

I'm working on exhaust, brakes and a couple little dribbles from the tranny cooler lines, hopefully It will pass a safety in a couple of days.
Too bad I didn't pop those classy hub caps off sooner - the right size socket for the lug nuts is sitting in the bottom of the toolbox on my truck....:mad0217:
Suzuki's have such small nuts...[wako]

It's all good though... when all the clean-up stuff is done, It will mostly be a Suzuki Hauler
poor ford... it will always be Suzi's bitch :happy0045:

Lost_in_BC
05-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Still plugging away on the ford...
seems like a kneebone-connected to the ankle bone repair job...drama

I pulled the rear drums looking for a wet wheel cylinder, found both needed replacement, and a hub seal was pissing oil on the brake shoes
- that were still brand new after 60,000kms because the previous owner put the selfadjuster linkage in backwards:confused0006:

[16] had to replace the steel brake lines on the rear axle, cause they snapped when I took the wheel cylinders off, then had to replace the rubber flexline cause it pulled apart when I tried to get the hard lines out of the stooopid little block. :mad0217:

At least I got a brake when I changed the flex line... I thought I was going to have to go all the way back to the master cylinder...

So... tonights question - now that I finished my mini rant...

I replaced the bearings as well as the seals in the rear hubs.
It's the first time I've run into the ratcheting spindle nuts that ford used on the 10.25 FF rearend...
I set it up like a big truck - 200 ft/lbs - back a turn, 50 ft/lbs back a quarter turn...
end play seems okay, It just seems strange not having anything other than that one fancy nut holding the hub on...

Is that how you ford guys set up the rear end ?

Thanks !

Gerry

radman
05-16-2008, 12:12 PM
260000 km isnt that bad, i had one with 538000 when i sold it for $2000.
if it is a ford 10.25 rear axle the book says "55-65 ft-lbs and back off 5(new) or 8 (used) clicks" im guesing new/used bearings.