PDA

View Full Version : stutter

fullsizebronco
04-10-2008, 12:20 AM
i know this may not be easy to answer because your not in the truck but my buddys bronco has a stutter when he drives in in 2 wheel drive but is fine in 4x4 and he thinks it needs a tranny i dont know if someone told him this or what but has anyone else had this problem? could it be t case or something? thanx,

C.W.
04-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Is it only on initial take off from a dead stop, more pronounced on a bit of an incline?

fullsizebronco
04-10-2008, 01:04 AM
im not sure im going to take it for a drive in the morning and see what its doing and see what he is talking about when its in 4x4 should i be looking for something if its tranny? :dontknow: ill check the fluid and everything before i drive it to make sure its full and itS a auto. c6 i think.... its on a 5.0

C.W.
04-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Mine is a 5.0 with an O/D, i think mine might be in driveline possibly too much play in the diff. Just had my cover off and the spiders dont look too healthy.
But as your friend described it only does it in 2wd.

HEAVY METAL
04-10-2008, 08:34 AM
i used too stutter than took a singing class.. no more stuttering... try it?

fullsizebronco
04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
i used too stutter than took a singing class.. no more stuttering... try it?

funny:confused0006:

and yah he said it only did it in 2 wheel drive

radman
04-12-2008, 02:36 PM
what year is it?

girlcrazy_4
04-13-2008, 04:44 PM
it looks to be about a 1988 or so fsb. It is lifted and such. Josh, give his driveline a good checkover first.

fullsizebronco
04-14-2008, 02:58 AM
well as it turnes out i started at the rear end and he had about an inch of mud on the rear end and about 5 liters of muddy oil so changed all of that took it for another rip and still same problem so off the tranny pan came and wow it looked like real bad used moter oil took the filter out and took it to aamco on the high way (good guys) ill be going back if i ever need help anyway they cut the filter open and just by looking at the outside of it they could tell it was having some issues and inside the filter lots of metal so trannys coming out and i have the new one beside the truck and waiting but this is taking alot longer than i thought he has hedders and stuff on his truck and so its real hard to get all the bolts but i think i got them all but i just have to deal with the stupid cross member and they never want to come out on the trucks i pull the trannys from on the 2 that i pulled from pick a part this last week we pulled them threw the floors of the trucks haha and adam you figure your truck out yet still need help? your brother also needs his jeep done he said that he would pay you and let you use his car picky trip? my the fixing shit never ends be4 may long! haha and the guy at alsek has not called me about my pearchs yet he said he would call friday .... but 50$ welded on sounds like a deal to me !

girlcrazy_4
04-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Unbolt the lower 4 bolts on the crossmember and use a prybar to move it out of the way. The tranny will come out easily than. I hope you're having more luck than i'm having with mine. Working on a hill sucks. About his muddy diff, make sure you move the breather or extend it so its higher. If not, he'll just suck mud back in there again and blow out the axle seals if that has not already happened. And the Jeep... My truck comes before anyone else's projects. I'll start looking into it again to see what I'm gonna be needing tho. Mabye I can find a matchable gearset to the front diff instead of replacing both front/rear