PDA

View Full Version : 92 Dakota Lift.......

whazhappenin69
04-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Bought me a 92 Dakota Sport, 5.2 magnum auto....with a bad transmission....Not too worried about the trany, easy enough to get parts for and just happen to have a friend who can rebuild it or at least teach me how.....
Anyway... a lift seems to be slightly more complicated. Seems as though Trailmaster is the only company who makes one and it's very expensive....:mad:
I could probably fab up the drop kit fairly easily, but...... the upper control arm scares me. Anyone know a good place to possibly have control arms built or mine modified to match the drop kit?????
My only other option is a SAS, but I have not been able to find much info on what mods need to be done and what axles would work. I don't want to go full width, I would prefer to keep it stock width or close.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A pic of the truck the previous owner took before I bought it.

Cheese eyes
04-08-2008, 01:06 AM
:D

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?t=126214

HILLBILLY
04-08-2008, 01:13 AM
:confused0006: I think I've seen a nice dakota on hear with sas, I think its white. Maybe check out 37inchdakota's link:dontknow:

whazhappenin69
04-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Nice truck.......
I would consider buying it, sure would save the trouble of building one...... but.........I'm buying a house.
Any chance you might have any pics of the front spring mounts and other modifications?

poostang
04-08-2008, 08:25 AM
nice another kota owner i got 1 a little while ago im thinking of liftin it but to fuckin expensive

whazhappenin69
04-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Welllll, I thinks that it's gonna be a couple inches of body lift for now....:mad:, I would rather a suspension lift but at least I'll be able to put some bigger tires under it........
Buying a house and no money for a proper lift.

poostang
04-09-2008, 07:49 PM
take pics when u get the body lift done i wanna do one to mine

whazhappenin69
04-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I'll post up some before during and after pics once I start working on it.
Probably going to build some sliders and a new front bumper for it as well. My 8274 wont fit into the existing winch mount.

Mike

whazhappenin69
05-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Welllllll, the chevy sold.....snif:( , gonna miss it.
Looks like the Dakota needs to hit the road even if it is stock, nothing to drive sucks.
Transmission's getting rebuilt first then well see about getting a couple inches of body lift and a bit bigger tires than 30-9.50-15.
I'll post up some pics soon.

MetalMan
05-20-2008, 07:15 PM
take pics when u get the body lift done i wanna do one to mine

Just do what I did, you asshat. You don't need to run anything bigger than 31's for that pavement princess anyway